Chapter IV

Ron's POV:

About week went by and I'd managed to ignore Carl the whole time.

I was sitting in a tree outside smoking a cigarette as I suddenly heard someone. "You shouldn't be smoking." Carl mumbled, he was standing under the tree. I set my legs around the tree tightly and let myself fall. I was now hanging upside down with a cigarette in my mouth looking straight at Carl. "Yeah? How come?" I asked, blowing smoke right in his face before accidentally falling down from the tree with a thump.

"Shit, you ok?" Carl asked checking on me, I'd landed right on one of my bruises so t really hurt and I saw Carl getting worried. "I'm ok Grimes, I promise." I grunted, standing back up. "I've seen you fall from a tree two times now, maybe you should stop climbing up in then?" Carl asked, smiling. "How about you fuck off." I grunted setting out the cigarette on the ground.

"I was just joking." Carl said. "Well it was a shitty joke." I grunted, walking off. "Oh wait!" Carl suddenly yelled out and I actuly stopped, what the hell? "What?" I snapped turning around. "Have you seen Enid?" He asked and I shrugged. "I told her to stop going over the wall, it's fucking stupid." I grunted and Carl sighed. "I'm gonna go look for her." He mumbled and I tilted my head.

"No, it's dangerous. She'll make it back." I grunted and Carl just shrugged and was about to walk away as I ran up to him, pulling on his shoulder so he turned around grabbing his hand. "I can't let you go." I said again. "How come?" Carl asked, I hated how calm he always was. can't he just get angry sometime?

"It's stupid and dangerous?!" I snapped, realizing I was still holding his hand and let go of it, cringing. "Fine, I wont go." Carl sighed and walked away.

I just stood there, cringing over how slimy his hand had felt, how sweaty it was. "Fuck you." I whispered to him, knowing he wouldn't hear me.

He made me feel weird, like, a weird connection to him. And I fucking hate it!

I walked on home, to sit around and play guitar. Suddenly something hit me, what if Carl didn't listen? What if he went out there ether way, what if he was getting eaten by a Biter right now?

I quickly stood up and started heading out, first walking, then sprinting towards his house. Then I saw him, bouncing his sister on his leg. He was sitting on the porch. I hadn't realized I was clearly noticeable for him untill now when his eyes met mine. "Ron?" he asked and I froze. "Uh, hey." I mumbled. "You ok?" He asked and I nodded. "Absolutely great, I'm gonna he-" I started trying to explain myself. "You wanna come in?" Carl suddenly asked and I looked around me, you know what? Fuck it.

"Sure." I grunted walking up there, we went inside and he showed me to his room after giving Judith to his dad. I never realized how Carl had this specific smell, like wild fruit... It was a nice sent.

And I never realized how his eyes glimmers in the light. How his long dark brown hair matched his pale skin. He was quite attractive...

What? Ron, first of all you hate Carl, and you are NOT gay!

I just sat there, on his bed waiting for him to finish talking with his dad. Suddenly he walked up the stairs with that shitty smile of his, it almost made me smile as well. "You okay?" he asked again and I shrugged. "Yeah, I'm awesome." I grunted, not liking how nice the boy was to me. "Sure?" He asked again and I sighed. "yeah? I just told you I'm feeling great, the fuck?" I snapped and Carl mumbled a sorry.

"you know, Imma head home..." I suddenly grunted and getting ready to leave.

...