Where Everything Begins

Sub-zero,  the famous assassin. What a person to fall in love with... 
I was living in a small village in outworld. Nothing really new or interesting ever happened.  Not even Shao Kahn knew about the village so it was pretty peaceful around here with everyone knowing you it was really nice environment to live in.  My life was always the same every day,  helping parents with their shop,  going out with some friends during the night.  I never really noticed how monotone it was until the villagers got the news about what was going on around the outworld. It was chaotic but we were safe.  I really loved walking in the woods,  even though i was told not to do that because a village could be discovred.  I got bored with all that monotony as i grew up so of course as rebelious as i can be i did it all the time without anyone knowing.  Again nothing really happened except that the forest always looked wonderful,  just like that night...
I saw him,  standing there in the moonlight,  i immediately saw that he wasnt one of the villagers and got really interested. He was blue and black ninja,  but what stood out the most was his beautiful blue eyes.  Ah that eyes!  As soon he set his eyes on me i started trembling,  from fear as well as embarrassment because of my staring.  He started walking towards me,  i couldn't move.  I was just standing in fear. But as soon as he started talking i realized that allegedly i had nothing to fear and that he was just lost.  He was really nice and i figured out it would be a good thing to try to help him. He thanked me and left.  My heart was never beating so fast like that short time we spent together...
The couple of months passed and of course he wasn't coming back until that night.  He appeared in the woods again one night,  this time we talked a lot and i found out a lot about him... By this time he started coming very often. We enjoyed our conversations and i started falling in love with him.  Bad choice.  He was lin kuei,  what could i expect? And he was older than me...
One night was different,  he was going to go to mortal kombat tournament to avenge his brother's death.  I knew he had to but i was scared for him even so.  It was now or never.  I wanted to talk but words didn't come out of my mouth.  I started blushing while he was starring at me with his pricing blue eyes.  He slowly took of his mask and grabed my chin slowly kissing me saying "i do love you (name),  but you know the situation and i want you to wait for me after the tournament because i will surely be back.."  we sat there in silence watching the stars when his hand touched mine and i knew it was time for him to leave. I knew it had to happen. I gave him quick shy kiss and then he left without another words leaving me having to hold back tears until he was finally out of my sight.