Chapter 26

It was another gloomy night for Brooklyn, who was still reading his book, feeling his sadness threatening to drown him in it. He still hated those awful memories that always seemed to attack him terribly. His body shook all over as more came, Castaway mocking him inside his head.

Sure, the medicine calmed him, but he wanted something that would cure his bad memories completely. And Brooklyn knew there was only one solution for that: magic. Puck. A memory erasing spell.

Maybe that's the only option I have now to make me happy again. At least I won't have to worry about those memories anymore... Brook thought, closing his book. He might even be able to talk to his family again if he goes through with it. Brooklyn then made up his mind, eyes saddened. It was the only way. The only way to clean out his thoughts.

Getting up, Brooklyn first made sure most of his body was covered up as usual. He knew his clan wouldn't approve of magic being involved, but Brooklyn didn't want to remember his pain anymore, and Puck was his only savior for that. He went to find the Fae man, who at the moment was giving Alex another lesson.

Puck smiled when watching the child being able to float like him, until he heard someone come in. He turned around. It was Brooklyn, looking sad and gazing at him in desperation. He raised his brow.

"Oh, er hello. Didn't expect a visitor. What brings you to me, Red One?" Puck asked, folding his arms. Brooklyn didn't speak back, feeling like he lost his voice only when his panic attacks came. Puck knew that Brooklyn was going through bad depression at the moment and having a hard time speaking to everybody.

"I assume you wish a request from me, is that it?" Brooklyn nodded. He pointed to his head.

"Something... to do with your head?" Another nod. Brooklyn then made a hand gesture to show his request of taking away a bad memory, a hopeful smile on his beak. Puck then caught on. Alex himself tilted his head, wondering why Uncle Brooklyn wanted to erase a memory.

Puck instantly shook his head. "I'm sorry, my boy. But there's no way I can use a mind erase spell on you. It would be too much damage. It's hard but we all have to remember the hard times as well as the good ones. I'm sure you understand that?"

Brook's face fell, gazing down at the floor, trembling. His only hope was depleted by Puck refusing to help. Puck however, tried another suggestion.

"But there is another way. Talking to your family perhaps?" Brook's eyes rounded, shaking his head no, cheeks flushing red. Puck folded his arms again. "You can't keep avoiding your family, Brooklyn." Brooklyn after that just gave him a glare.

I won't ever speak to them again. Thanks for nothing. Was what his eyes said, turning to stalk away to hide in his room. Puck watched after the defeated looking gargoyle. Huffing, he turned back to Alex.

"Our lessons have to be halted, my boy. Uncle Puck has to talk to the other gargoyles." Alex gave a cry, Puck putting him in his crib. Puck understood his concern.

"Brooklyn is going through a lot right now. He will eventually see that it's hard for him to keep his emotions to himself."

.....

Brooklyn went back to his room in defeat. Of all people he figured who could have helped him most, why couldn't Puck? But then, of course Alex had to be involved too.

He sat on his bed with his head hung sadly. Tears began to well in his eyes.

Then he felt the voice of the evil man who had tortured him while he had been slowly dying in his clutches. You will always be a worthless freak among the freaks. They don't care about you. All of the time they spent looking after your sorry hide, they had far better things to do than be with you. They never cared for you.