𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

OUTSIDE-nounSEASON 1 x EPISODE 3

OUTSIDE-
noun
SEASON 1 x EPISODE 3

ON AUGUST 1359 ELIJAH CLAIMS THAT HE HAD noticed a difference in his siblings. Such horror that made him realize that their bond started to strain underneath the pressure of the lives they lived being vampires. He wrote in his journal that each day removes them further from the humanity they had possessed once. It wasn't over that soon as he had also wrote, that his sweet sister, Rebekah, had grown quite indifferent to brutality. Things had changed for them all. Yet, Elijah had still held onto hope that one day, that even after all this was over, that they still have their humanity intact. But that must've been the greatest bull he himself had heard. Or read in this case. Elijah had always believed that the true problem, as always, remained to be his brother, Niklaus. In the evening Klaus had been pouring gasoline over the bodies of the night-walkers that Rebekah killed to protect Hayley, the night before they had just left them outside. In the morning and they had been piled up in the front yard.

As I was saying, Elijah wrote that Klaus had continued to hide his loneliness with cruelty. He had also wrote that Kara wasn't enough to repair what their father had broken. Kara and Klaus were alike in many ways, but yet, Kara and Klaus were so different from each other. Klaus usually bossed her around and she'd take it. Kara was much more kind hearted than Klaus. She was actually able to show her feelings instead of keeping them down and drowning in them. Still, Elijah would cling to the hope that him, as their eldest brother, could lead them down the correct path, a path charged with the power of a family united. And that if he were to fail, their family's legacy will end in darkness.

Hayley shut the book after the part of their family's legacy ending in darkness and whatnot. Elijah had a peculiar mind. In the two books she had already read, Elijah had failed to mention Athena in all of it. It made Hayley wonder a lot, and it only filled her with curiosity. Athena barely talked about Elijah, she still wore her wedding bands, and if she was brave enough to speak of him it would only be things like 'Elijah's very noble and kind' 'Elijah promised' 'Elijah will come back'. Hayley had only heard what Henrik spilled on accident and out of nerves, Elijah had broken Athena, she was broken to tip where they didn't know if they'd be able to pick up the pieces.

Everything was wrong in the household.

Klaus was trying to man up Henrik, preparing the boy for a war that Klaus was sure to come; the man was very paranoid.

Rebekah was acting weird. When asked she'd deflect the subject back to Kara— who was clearly falling apart without Stefan.

Kara was acting as if nothing had happened the night before. Athena had tried everything to get Kara to come to terms with Stefan leaving that night, but all Kara kept blabbering about was that Stefan was going to come back.