Preface

Preface

Currently I am 152 years old. I'm in my room that holds me hostage. We weren't at C3 because Sensei doesn't trust them. Sensei also says that he isn't supposed to be alive, but he was. Another thing Sensei says is that if I got out, I would go on a rampage. He didn't explain what could cause my rampage, nor did he explain what I could do when I did rampage. Because of that, I only am allowed out to the inside gardens, but the gardens weren't as good as the outside. Sensei allows me and Tsubaki to talk, but nothing more than that. It is very lonely, and I have found that Sensei is becoming weirder.

Besides that, Tsubaki and I are playing scrabble with each other while waiting for Sensei to come back. He said he had some "important stuff" to do. We didn't know what this "important stuff" is, but it didn't sound like something that was positive.

"Do you think Sensei will come back?" I ask Tsubaki. He seemed as troubled as I was. Sensei usually didn't take this long. He should have come back hours ago.

"I don't know Shai. Maybe he was delayed?" Tsubaki said while laying a word down. I want to believe him, but I couldn't bring myself to. I felt like something happened to Sensei and that he wasn't coming back. Soon enough, we were interrupted by someone who worked at C3. The only reason I knew what they looked like was because Sensei wanted us to know. Tsubaki put himself in front of me. I wasn't scared, but I didn't like how C3 was here. That must mean that something happened to Sensei.

"What are you doing here?" Tsubaki said. He was a bit frustrated, but he put power behind his words. I had peaked out a bit, but Tsubaki then got in front of me.

He then formed words that said, "Get out of here." I was the only one who heard them, but I then snuck around to where an emergency escape was. When I had placed my hand on it, the door opened for me. This didn't surprise me at all. I had gone through and realized someone was following me. With a lot of effort, I ran and tried to go as fast as I could. When I got to the exit, I opened the door and immediately stopped. There was a very high drop that then ended into water. I looked behind me and found that the person was gaining on me. Without any hesitation, I leaped forward and started my descent.

The water was cold, and I was very sore. I had started to swim upwards towards the surface. When I broke the surface, I swam towards the land. As soon as I crawled up on, I coughed up all the water that was in my lungs. I saw two people running towards me, but neither one was Tsubaki. Once they got closer, I could tell that they had looks of concern. I, though, wasn't able to keep my eyes open any longer and slipped into unconsciousness.