Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I just bought my apartment that I will be staying in for the next six months. It has been one year and 9 months after the incident, and Tsubaki still hasn't found me. Jake is doing fine, and he comes and visits me often enough so that I don't feel lonely. But right now, I am now very exhausted because of how busy the day was. I have been helping people with their orders from 6 am to 8pm. I can't take a break until Sunday, then I will get to go to church. It's not as fun as I expected. I thought that interacting with others was nice, but it gets annoying when there is a rude customer. People need to act thankful that I am even taking their order. The even worse people are the guys who try to flirt with me. That just gets on my nerve. Someone then knocks on the door, and I go over to the peep hole to figure out who it is. It looks like Jake. I then opened the door.

"Hey Jake. What's up?" I casually asked. He then looked at my clothing. I haven't changed out of my uniform, and it had a couple of stains from earlier. One customer didn't like the coffee, and then decided to spit it onto my clothing. I had to hide my anger and get him a new cup. I was super close to just taking the new cup and poring it onto his bald head.

"Hurry, inside," Was all that Jake had said after looking away. I then let him in and closed the door. We moved over to the window, and hoped that masked our talking. I lived up higher, so people couldn't hide under the window and hear what was about to be said.

"Ok, spill the beans," I said seriously. I knew something was up because he was looking around suspiciously. He also seemed nervous. That wasn't normal for him, but him being my servant wasn't normal, also. I got used to it, but I still find it a little weird.

"Tsubaki has found out about me, but he took me for someone else. I don't know what he is doing here, but it seems like he is looking for someone. I believe that person is you." Jake then told me. My eyes widened, and I then felt my hands starting to shake. Shit! I didn't think he would find me! I was trying hard to stay hidden. I also made sure to hide any tracks I left behind. I also changed my looks!

"How long has he been here?" I asked Jake. I was scared. I have enough money to move to a different place, but I am not doing that now! Jake then went quiet. This must not be good news. Usually when he went quiet, that meant very bad news that I will freak out about.

"He's been here for a week. I haven't come here in case he decided to follow me. I came at this late hour because he went out of his place. I don't know where he w--" Jake didn't finish before my door had a knock. Someone was at my door, but this couldn't be good. I don't know anyone else, and if Tsubaki was here I was DOOMED! I went over to the peep hole and it didn't look like Tsubaki. It wasn't anyone I knew either. I then went back over to Jake.

"I don't know whomever that person is," I whispered to Jake. He nodded and decided to answer while I hid in my bathroom. I couldn't make out what was being said, but I just hopped that Tsubaki wouldn't come for me.

"Why hide in this terrible place?" Someone said as the whole place turned white. SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! I looked over to the person and saw it was Tsubaki. I was trembling. I didn't expect him to find me.

"I've been watching you at your job and house," He then said to me. I am screwed. Very screwed. Although, it is kind of creepy to stalk people.

"Um... what do you want?" I asked. I knew how my voice mirrored how scared I was. His face was blank, so that was even scarier. I can't tell if he is mad or doesn't know. No, SerVamps can't really die, but we can get very hurt. To the point where we no longer are connected to our eves.

"What were you doing with that boy?" He asked me. Is he trying to hide that he knows that is Jake?

"He was talking to me about something you don't need to worry about," I said back. That satisfied him for the moment, but I could tell he wants more.

"Tell me a story sis. One about how you almost got an eve and he was supposed to DIE!" Tsubaki say with lots of laughter. This is very scary, and I was on the verge of ruining his room and running away. If only I knew where the others were. I'm sure they might not remember me, but maybe not. I'm sure they forgot Tsubaki because he didn't actually hang out at the house often enough.

"What do you mean? The other person died!" I said with a shaky voice. Tsubaki then started laughing more.

"Really sis? I could tell that you knew him better than before, and he looks just like the other guy!" Tsubaki said to me. That was it, I had broken his room and ran. I got to the window and broke it. I stunned him because people can't usually get away, but once I get to safety I will be fine. I had managed to make it to the rooftop of the building below my apartment. I had then started running towards the crowded part of the city. If I could hide myself within the crowd and I knew that if Jake lived, then he will know where to find me. I was lucky to have my wallet on me. I knew that my job wouldn't be safe anymore. I do wish I had changed my clothing before having to run. Maybe I should pop by my co-workers place. She normally kept a pair of my clothing just in case I don't feel safe going to my place.

As soon as I had make it over to her house, she welcomed me in and got my clothing. I was also welcomed to her shower. I was sweaty and hot. I had got over to her shower, and got in. The water was nice and cold, and it was very soothing on my body. I knew I couldn't stay for long, so I had finished up, dried myself off, and put on my other pair of clothing. I had thanked her and told her I was going to leave ASAP. I wasn't safe and needed to leave.

"Where was the airport, again?" I asked her before leaving. She pointed northwest, and I headed that way. I waved goodbye to her and started walking that way. As soon as I made it to the airport, I walked in and went over to buy a ticket. They had only one more ticket for the flight to Japan. I bought the ticket and went over to board the plane. I knew this wouldn't last me long enough to get away from Tsubaki, but I knew that I have a better change at getting away from him.