12: Going Through Hell

TW: Torture, Blood, Death?

Wednesday

They notified Nathan he was missing, they tried to talk him out of it because of the circumstances, but he flew to San Angelo Tuesday, with Garcia. They haven't allowed him out of their sight since he arrived. 

The team had been working non-stop trying to find their missing boss, sadly there hasn't been much evidence. The security camera shows him walking out of the station like normal, down the street, and then he's gone. It hurt them to say it, but they had nothing, no leads to follow, no witnesses, no description of a suspect. It seemed they just disappeared into thin air. It didn't seem like they could find their stoic boss. 

8=====D

Aaron woke up, to the smell of burnt garbage, it took him a few moments to open his heavy eyelids, but after some time adjusting his senses, he looked over and saw a barrel ingulfed in flames, there seemed to be a iron rod placed atop the barrel. He had trouble remembering how he ended up in this situation, but he had taken it upon himself to remember every single detail he noticed about his attacker.  

So far it wasn't much, his attacker always wore a mask, and he had never heard his attacker speak. 

'How long have I been here?' 

He thought to himself, his perception of time wasn't the best, as the time he spent unconscious was far greater than the time he spent awake. He looked around the room, everything was as he remembered it, everything but the barrel of fire. He didn't want to think of what his attacker had planned for him. 

The room was all concrete, it seemed like a common basement, if you disregarded the chains, the knives, the smell of blood, and the overall torture like feel to the room. Aaron was chained to the ceiling, forced to stand on his tippy-toes at all times. There was a door in the right corner of the room, the only way out of here. The door was a steel door, even if he could get the chains off, there is no opening that door without a key.  

Aaron himself was fully clothed, although his shirt was untucked and unbuttoned. He noticed the faint sound of rummaging behind the door, he suspected his attacker would soon come back. He feared the barrel of fire had other purposes than aesthetics. Aaron tried to wriggle his way out of the chains, for the tenth time, but without results, for the first time in his adult life, he felt powerless. He didn't have a clue how he could get out of this situation. 

After a few minutes of Aaron being alone with his own thoughts, the attacker entered the room. He was carrying a toolbox and mittens. He gave Aaron a comforting smile as he sat down in a cushioned chair placed in front of him. The attacker didn't acknowledge him any more than that, and started placing his tools orderly on the table to his right.

The attacker placed a hammer down on the table, including a chisel, a small knife, a mallet, a saw, a scissor, and some wires. The attacker then got up and placed a butchers knife on the fire barrel, next to the iron rod, he then left the room, leaving the door open, but he came back within seconds with a chainsaw and a plug extension. 

'This is it.'

Up until this point the torture hadn't been more than terrible, a few punches and some cigarette burns, now it seemed it would escalate to unbearable. The attacker looked at his tools, as in thought, then sat down in the chair again. He looked into Aaron's eyes, staring. Aaron stared right back. That wasn't the reaction he wanted, and he rushed from his seat, put on the mittens, grabbed the iron rod, and without warning stabbed his victim in the stomach.