Chapter 6: The Dream

"Zachary Varmitech, if you go there I will find you and beat the absolute shit out of you!"
He kept running. His parents weren't going to stop him now. He didn't care if he got home and died. He had to find Chris.
"Chris!" he called. The younger brother turned and saw his best friend dashing towards him.
"Hi, Zach! What's up?"
"I need to stay at yours tonight. Please. Just tonight, I swear."
Chris widened his eyes. He knew that this would happen, but this soon? It was concerning.
"Stay as long as you need. Come on."
At the Kratt residence, Chris's mom welcomed Zach happily, not knowing the real reason he was there. The friends went up to Chris's room where Martin was cleaning.
"Hey, Chris...oh, Zach."
Martin pulled Chris over to one side.
"Why is he here!?"
"Martin, he needs our help. Don't be a jerk, okay?"
"Fine. Just make sure he doesn't cause any trouble. You two are a bit odd when you're together."
Chris thanked his brother and went off to talk to Zach. He hopes that his friend would be okay, after what was up with his parents.

Zach stayed with the Kratts for a while. Martin was even starting to warm up to him! One day, Zach talked to Chris at school.
"I'm going to leave this town. Don't do anything about it. I've stayed here long enough and I might get caught. Thanks for everything, though."
Chris sighed sadly.
"Okay then. But...I'll miss you. More than anything," he threw his arms around Zach. The last moment they would share.

That night, Zach snuck out of the Kratts' house and went to his own. He scaled the house up to the attic and opened the window. He climbed in and there was a wardrobe waiting for him. He opened it and inside was a beautiful robot. The first Zachbot. Then, the trapdoor opened and he saw his mother.
"YOU!" she screamed. Zach activated the robot and flew out of the window. His mother followed the young inventor but fell two storeys to the ground. She still got up, to Zach's disbelief, and chased after him.
He was too quick though and ended up on the outskirts of town in five minutes. He pulled out a device from his pocket. The robot beeped in a kind of sympathy.
"I know, but I can't have the police coming after me. I'll just start anew. The people of this town won't know Zach anymore."
He reached for the button and the robot beeped again. Zach sighed, exasperated.
"I know I won't remember either. But it has to be done. I'll remember later on anyway. I think," Zach said. He pressed the button and a beautiful light emitted from the device. Then all went black.

Hello!!! It's me again. Sorry for the short chapter, I'm kinda running out of ideas, bear with me! See you!
Disclaimer: Any resemblance to real world ppl (names etc.) is purely coincidental!!!!