Chapter Thirteen: Bad Energy

«»«»«»
Rowan's POV

Shit.

My eyes trailed down from the time and read over the missed call notifications. 20?! Bloody excessive.

Nine of the missed calls were from Aaron. Four of them from Finn. Three of them from Hunter. Three of them from Maddox. And one from Asher.

"Were you meant to be home earlier?" Dallas whispered to me.

"Yeah." I released the breath I was holding.

I looked back up at my brother. The frown on his face wasn't going to be disappearing anytime soon; and I was grateful for the metal fence that was separating us. "I lost track of time, I'm sorry." 

"Yeah well, Aaron's lost his fucking mind back home." Asher stated harshly.

I could already picture Aaron losing his patience over me not answering my phone. But I'm only half an hour later than I was meant to be back and I'm perfectly fine. They're over-reacting.

"Nothings happened to me. If you all were so worried because I'm only a little bit late, then you should've come and got me sooner. Aaron knew where I was going." I felt myself getting quite defensive. I was having the best time with Dallas and now it's all ruined.

"That's not the point, Rowan." Asher spat back. "What if something had happened to you?"

"Well it didn't. It's only half an hour, Ash. We were just distracted."

"Yeah I can see." He grimaced towards Dallas.

"It's not Dallas' fault." I rolled my eyes. "I admit, I should've been checking the time, but I didn't. What's done is done."

"Yeah, I'm sure Aaron's going to love that explanation." Asher scoffed sarcastically.

I sighed. "Sorry Dallas." I apologised to him as I picked up Comet's lead from where I'd left it on the floor.

"Don't be sorry." He walked by my side as we exited the basketball court. "I had fun tonight."

"So did I." I smiled down at the floor, a blush making its way onto my cheeks. Thank god it's dark out.

"Yeah I fucking bet you did." Asher piped up, watching us walk towards him, where he was leaning his shoulder against the court fence; arms crossed over his chest. "All the whilst, we're back at home worried because you weren't answering your goddamn phone."

"Can you stop?" I frowned at him. "I said I was sorry."

"This will be the last time you come back here with him." He said to me before looking Dallas up and down.

"Ash, give it a rest. Aren't you two friends anyway?" I looked between the two boys.

"More-so acquaintances." Asher was quick to reply monotonously. "He's only fifteen."

I looked to Dallas. "We play basketball every now and then." He spun the ball on the tip of his index finger; somewhat agreeing with Asher's statement.