A Second Chance (Prologue)

Clockwork POV

Clockwork could sense it. It was time. Time to give Dan his second chance at life. He smiled before opening the thermos and watching as the big brawny ghost shot out with the ultimate look of confusion and then he froze the ghost in time and turned to Desiree.

"Desiree I wish he was a human baby." Clockwork ordered and the wishing ghost nodded and Dan's whole body shimmered as it changed from a silver haired, green skinned and red eyed. mega ghost into that of a slightly tan 4 month old baby with mismatched blue eyes and black hair.

"Good now I wish his powers were repressed until he is 18." Clockwork ordered and desiree nodded again and the boys body shimmered once more and Clockwork dropped the time freeze and kneeled next to the baby who glared daggers at him.

"It's for the best Dan. I wish you a happy second life." Clockwork said simply and the baby screamed.

"Finally I wish his memories were repressed. Also until he is 18." Desiree nodded one final time and the boy's body shimmered once more and it was over.

"Alright. You can go now but make sure to tell the others that Danny is going to need a paternal break to take care of little Niel.

Desiree looked shocked. "You're giving him to phantom?"

Clockwork nodded. "It's for the best."

Desiree still seemed a bit surprised but she left and then Clockwork set little Dan in a green basket with a note and left it on Danny's doorstep.