10. The Bunny

Third person (pov)

"It all happened when Tohru's mom adopted me" the crow plus anima looked at the three Sohmas with a nostalgic look written in her face.

After getting home Y/N wanted the guys to know her story excluding her curse and past abuse. They were going to live together so she decided to at least let them know a little about her.

"Mom found my sister on top of a bush, she was weak and needed help. Y/N was about 7 years old when all of this happened as well as me." Tohru states pausing when she notices her sister tense. The guys look at her shocked. She didn't want to go into details because she was afraid to trigger old memories.

"Well basically I was mistreated by Tohru's family ever since I got adopted." Y/N breaths heavily trying to seem like nothing has fazed her. "That little scene was nothing for me I was just so angry" her eyes wandered through the guys expression. Shigure looked very conflicted as if he talked he would make Y/n reopen a wound. He hesitated and opened his mouth slowly.

"What happened to your...biological family?" He asks calmly earning glares from the high school boys. It would clearly be a sensitive topic. Her shoulders became stiff but her voice never faltered.

"My mother...she died. She was the only one I had" she snorts with a hint of sadness. "Ironic isn't it" she breaths heavily while getting up. "Well enough of this depressing mood. We need to get settled back in" her eyes glimmer turning her vision hazy. She held in tears but didn't want to cry again.

The three of the Sohmas saw through the tough exterior. Kyo he felt something else was bothering her. But they decided to wait for her to open up to them within time. After the talk they had the girls went to their room and that's when she broke down. Her wings enveloped her younger sister like a hug.

"I am sorry Y/N, I didn't know you were suffering because of them" her brown haired sister sobs.

"Don't be sorry we were both suffering. I am sorry I didn't tell you" the girls embraced while installing their belongings back where they were.

✧༺🐦‍⬛༻✧✧༺🐦‍⬛༻✧✧༺🐦‍⬛༻✧
The day of the cultural festival was packed with kids which kinda overwhelmed Y/N's crow side. She was zoning off watching Yuki get fawned over by her fans. He was wearing a girl's dress, she couldn't help but feel bad for him. It was clearly seen that Yuki couldn't say no to people for some reason. Eating a riceball filled with freshly caught fish her eyes wandered to Kyo.

"Hey, you caught this fish dummy?" He asks with a pleasant aura that made her smile.

"Yep, I really love fish as you can see" she bites into her kitty shaped riceball filling her cheeks making her look like a chipmunk.

"Slow down you are gonna choke" he scolds her placing his hand on her shoulder.

"Mhahss" she gulps it down sipping the water he passed her.
"Couldn't help it to much people makes me nervous" her eyes wander at the hand he placed on top of her shoulder feeling a slight tingle in her heart. That action doesn't go unnoticed by the orange haired boy, he quickly puts his hand down his side.

"Then why did you come?" Kyo asks confused.

"I wanted to help Tohru" the girl bites her lower lip missing the warmth Kyo's hand made her feel.

Suddenly a blonde boy bombarded Yuki with questions getting the teens attention. He was the same boy Tohru and Y/n saw. She snickers remembering their first encounter. Tohru leaned on her sister resting her head on her shoulder. Working at school was very tiring.

"What is he doing at the festival?" Kyo said bewildered.

"Wait you mean you know who he is Kyo-kun?" The crow plus anima asks curiously.