Easy Eyes

David's POV

I was coming back from my class and it was extremely hot outside so I was about to just stay inside my dorm but then I got a text from my friends group chat saying that they wanted to go to lunch. I went to the cafe and there were a lot of people there already so as I scan the lunchroom my eyes fall upon a set of easy eyes, aka jacori.

I go greet my friends and right away they see that my attention was not even there.

"David,Who are you looking at?"

I was about to speak again but jacori went to go get something to drink and I saw that as an opportunity so I went over there too. As soon as I went over there he looked at me then rolled his eyes which kinda made me sad. As I was about to speak to him he walked away and in that moment my heart dropped so I just fixed me some tea and walked back to the table. As I was approaching the table I immediately got this feeling in my stomach to look ahead,when I did I saw that he was looking at me and I started to blush again.

"David why are you looking at jacori like that?"

I took a deep breath and then with absolute nervousness in my tone

"Ok you guys I like jacori"

I saw everybody go into a state of confusion but as soon as they were about to speak again I left and went to the court to dance because that's how I express my emotions. As I was dancing I saw this car in the parking lot and as I looked closer the car was moving a little bit, but then the door swung open and some girl got out fixing her clothes and hair. In my head I was like wow who ever was giving her the d did it well because she is clearly unable to regulate right now, but the boy that got out was jacori!. I immediately looked down and went back to what I was doing but only this time I started dancing even harder and stronger than I was.

I look down and saw that I got a text from Jasmine saying for my to come to the mail room with them, I immediately left because looking at that car was pissing me off. As I walk in Jasmine immediately hugged me then I went to Rebekah and hugged her, even Talique was there so I was very happy but then they all sat me down and right then I felt like it was about to get serious.

Rebekah took a deep breath in and started talking.

"David,we love you and we aren't saying don't go for him but we just feel like jacori may not be the best person to fall for."

I just looked at her with sadness in my eyes then Jasmine started talking to me.

" yea David because honestly we will support you in whatever but just make sure you watch your back because I heard he's kinda crazy."

I honestly just sat there the whole time thinking to myself, is jacori really what I need? Do I even know how I truly feel about him?, but just as I was about to start trying to answer my own questions Talique started talking.

"David you're a grown ass man who can make his own decisions but at the same time we know how you are and what we don't want is for you guys to get into a relationship and it turns out to be toxic, and if he starts treating you like how the Joker treats Harley Quinn you're gonna become used to that"

All I could do was look at the the floor for a minute then as I looked back at every one else I took a deep breath in and said

"Honestly you guys,I appreciate the talk and don't worry if he gets too out of hand I'll cut him off completely,but as of right now my heart is telling me that he's not that type of guy and we might actually work, I don't know why I'm feeling like this but all I know is my heart beats a little faster when he's around me, and my palms get sweaty just looking into those easy eyes"

They all just looked at me and started giggling and so did I but then I just jumped up and said with enthusiasm

"WELP OFF TO THE COURT AGAIN!"

And left.