10: An Emotional House

TW: A LOT OF SH!

Mirabel's Pov:

Everything is okay now and is back the way it should be. I'm right now in my room sewing some designs to the new dresses I've made. I heard an aggressive knock at the door and hurt my thumb. 'SHIT!' I sucked on my thumb to stop the pain a bit. Someone knocked at the door again. I got a bit scared and didn't open to door. I heard a loud bang and backed away from my door. I took a deep breath and held my needle high. I opened the door and saw Abuela!

I placed the needle down on my desk. "I'm so sorry! I just heard someone knocking at the door aggressively and got a little scared!" I laughed apologising to Abuela. The door closed and everything looked dark in the room. "You laugh at everything like it's a joke!" Abuela slammed her hand on my desk. I jumped backing away from her. "I'm sorry!" I begged.

"I was so lonely and I just wanted to play with someone!" I confessed to Abuela. "YOUR 15 MIRABEL NOT A 5 YEAR OLD TODDLER!" Abuela yelled. "You broke the rule I made about not being able to join any family celebrations! You broke the rule of not being able to talk to any of the Madrigals! Do you think you have a high position in this house?! Because I will gladly tell you that you are nothing but useless and annoyance to the family!" Abuela's words were like sharp daggers hitting my heart.

"But I don't understand! I've done nothing to harm the family!" I laughed tears forming in my eyes. "See! You take me as a joke!" Abuela tore the dress I made into two. "No!" I cried as I saw the dress I made torn into two. Abuela slapped me across the face. "YOU ARE NOTHING TO THIS FAMILY! GET THAT INSIDE YOUR HEAD! UNDERSTOOD?!" Abuela threw my dress on the floor next to me.

"No... it's not fair!" I yelled, tears streaming down my face. "WHY DO YOU HATE ME SO MUCH?!" I couldn't take it anymore. "I'll show you unfair!" Abuela stood up and destroyed all the things I had in my room. My glass jars, my designs, my art work, everything she came across.

"YOU ARE NOTHING MIRABEL! YOUR JUST A USELESS, ANNOYING, GIFTLESS CHILD!" Abuela stomped her foot again the floor. "If I see you in my presence again, you can find a new home to live in!" and like that Abuela left locking my door. I tried to open it but it wouldn't open.

My anxiety came over my and I began to freak out. I screamed on the top of my lungs, crying my eyes out. I took the smashed glass jar I had in my room and cut my entire body. Not caring about the pain or what Camilo would say. I laughed hysterically, till I felt nothing but sadness within me. I sat down and looked at myself in the cracked mirror. I continued laughing as tears streamed down my bloody cheeks.

I jumped up and down on the shattered glass hurting my feet. I stumbled in the bathroom feeling my head throbbing. I threw up in toilet and continued laughing. "IT'S NOT FAIR!" I cried. I stuck 2 of my fingers up my mouth and continued to throwing up not caring for all the pain I've caused my body. I just wanted to feel something new. I couldn't stand the way everyone treats me.

I stumbled out the bathroom and sat on the floor. I rocked myself on floor laughing. I grabbed my head feeling my head hurt. I had a horrible headache and didn't know or cared about what I should do. I felt myself crying again but this time I didn't care. I felt nothing. Tears just fell out my eyes as I stared into nothing.

Dolores' Pov:

I woke up to the sound of glass smashing. I got out of bed and opened the door. I saw Abuela walking away grumpy. I heard the sound of laughter and crying but I couldn't understand who it was because my hearing isn't the best in the mornings. I got changed and walked downstairs. "Good morning Dolores!" Tía Julieta greeted me. "Good morning tía!" I smiled.

I decided not to tell tía about what happened now since I didn't have a clear hearing. "IT'S NOT FAIR!" I covered my ear hearing a muffled voice in my head. "What's wrong?" Tía questioned. "I can hear some crying and all they are saying is it's not fair... I don't know who though. My hearing in the mornings isn't always the best," I told tía.