Chapter I

Bryan Mendel

She's gone too. I thought to myself while staring at the cities lights begining to light up the darkness in that warm June afternoon. He felt a couple of tears roll down with just the thought of-"Sup Bryan! Wow what's up with the river of tears?"Zoey said while taking a seat next to me with her usual smile. I wanted to let her know but, I was scared to do it. Scared she would run and tell the world I'm an "attention seeker." Wait what am I thinking? She's my friend. She wouldn't do that. Would she?
"Zoey I-" I began but she cut me off saying," It's fine if you don't want to tell me you know?" I was confused. I was about to tell her, why would she cut me off like that? Maybe she really doesn't care? Maybe she would laugh instead of helping me through this pain. Another tear rolled down my cheek. Then I realized how quiet it was while I was lost in my own painful world.
The silence was almost to the point of killing me so I just thought it was a good time to tell her. " My mom died this morning, Zoey." I broke down like never before. I felt so alone even around Zoey, someone who usually makes me feel better and safe. Was I really alone this time? Has Zoey forgotten me even if she's around? Have I lost the only piece of hope I had? With my head resting on my knees and my arms around my head I suddenly felt safe. I felt a warmth I had almost forgotten myself. I didn't feel alone anymore. It was like magic. But that magic couldn't stop the tears from running and the pain from feeling. I realized she had thrown her arms softly around me. And just when I was feeling the pain and a new tear run down, I felt her soft angel lips on my wet cheek. And at that moment I felt light and relief spread all around me from head to toe. And just then I couldn't believe I thought she would ever leave me alone in this scary world. "You may not notice but, their is a strong string between you and your mom. I should know..." She told me. And at that moment I felt like the worst friend to ever live. For I forgot she too has lost her mother. How stupid am I ? She may have only lost her mother in death, but she was taken away from her dad because he abused her. Compared to her, my pain must be nothing. "I'm sorry. I had almost forgotten about your past. The pain was taking over me, and the thought of loosing the only person you have in this world really hurts." I said to her with another silent tear rolling down. I turned to look at her leaning on me with her silent tears rolling down with both mascara and eyeliner. I realized how beautiful she was and even in all this pain, I found a tiny grin in my sarow and held her chin softly and unwillingly, let all my feelings take over. I leaned forward, slowly moving my hand to the back of her ear. And softly told her, with the grin still hardly noticeable," Did you know I haven't forgotten who you are and what you mean to me. Maybe I haven't really told you, but I have no idea why you are crying. Someone as beautiful as you shouldn't know what pain is. I mean ...... me? I'll suffer for you. Just as long as you are happy and never hurt. In shorter words. Zoey, would you-" I got cut off, again.