prologue

July was Juniper Lovegood's favorite month because it was warm but not too warm

July was Juniper Lovegood's favorite month because it was warm but not too warm. Despite the fact she was born on a day when snow fell heavily from the sky, she preferred the warmth to days that felt as if she were being buried in a coffin of ice. In her opinion, it was better to be embraced by the sun than the snow. And July was about to get even better!

During July, Juniper would receive a letter stating she was to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She had been awaiting this moment since she could understand words. Although it was not a shock when a barn owl flew by and dropped a letter on the front porch, she was just as ecstatic about it. Pandora was also excited and spent time conversing with her daughter about everything she did while in school. Xenophilius, on the other hand, was not very excited. He viewed the occasion as something normal and believed there was no need to praise his daughter for accomplishing something expected of her.

Juniper did not fret over this and continued to talk with her mother about everything she was going to accomplish at Hogwarts; the spells and potions she was going to learn, books she would read, friends she would make, and many other things. 

───── ╰☆╮ ─────

A few weeks before term started Juniper and Pandora ventured outside the safe boundaries of their home and visited Diagon Alley. The duo would find Juniper's wand, books, quills, cauldron, and anything else she would need for school in that small village. Juniper put on her best pair of light denim dungarees; which had purple and blue flowers embroidered into the pocket on the front, and a floral t-shirt, hoping to appear nicely to everybody in the alley. Although there weren't many to impress, she was always raised to dress her best and that's exactly what she did that day.

Juniper and Pandora traveled by floo powder and were transported to Diagon Alley in a matter of seconds within a puff of green smoke. Once arriving, Pandora and Juniper went their separate ways; Juniper to find a wand, and Pandora to collect her daughter's schoolbooks.

Juniper's eyes locked on an almost eerie shop that had cobwebs hanging from windows and no light inside except for a few candles (which provided dim lighting) and the all-natural sunlight. She nodded, taking a very deep breath in, and opened the almost-completely glass door. She looked around searching for a man that would be Mr. Ollivander. However, she did not see anybody inside that shop. Instead of retreating, she called out for him and began peering between rows and rows of wands. 

"Mr. Ollivander!?" she shouted, still looking between shelves. Juniper even thought of walking around the counter at the front, but once she called his name for a final time (worried), he appeared out of thin air. He was an older man, but looked very kind and showed a spirit like no other in his eyes.

"Hello, Good day, I'm Mr. Ollivander. I presume you're here for a wand?" he asked happily.

"Yes. I'm Juniper Lovegood, it's lovely to meet you!"