II Chapter 8 - New Comrade

(I think it was 2021 here. And sorry for the big time skip, i'm running out of ideas)

 And sorry for the big time skip, i'm running out of ideas)

(I don't know what i'm doing to be honest :'>)
.
.
.
.
.

November 8

Exactly two weeks passed and the cement wall was almost finished.

It was two meters tall, it was enough to block most zombies since not everyone have that enormous height.

We only need one last trip to finish the wall.

There's also newly hatched chicks, so it was great for us, of course, great for Sun Young and probably the future members.

The people from the mall probably already died of starvation or got infected while searching for food and supplies.

I was about to enter the truck when Cheong Sun Young asked me "Hey. About your other eye. I was curious, what happened to it?"

I subconsciously touched my eye and answered "Got crushed by a bastard"

I didn't answer her anymore and got into the truck before using the key to start the truck and headed to our destination.

"By a bastard? Who's that bastard anyway?" Cheong Sun Young whispered to herself.

Gwinam in hell *sneezes* "What the hell?"

A mate from hell answered "You're indeed in hell, young man"

Anyways, back to our beloved Namra and Young Hee.

The noise of the truck got the attention of some zombies and rushed to our direction.

Fortunately, the truck was full of bamboo spikes and they immediately got struck by it.

Some zombies got stuck by it but we didn't mind since that already happened a lot.

There's not a lot of zombies left in this area since we cleared some of it on our way or just killed some if we're bored.

After arriving at our destination, we quickly gathered sand and cement.

We were just lucky to find bamboos so we can only put it in the truck, but i will find more and dig around the wall to put the bamboo spikes on it.

After thinking that it was enough, we drove back to the barn.

But after only a few seconds of driving, we heard the sound of fighting from a few distances with our enhanced hearing.

Namra and i looked at each other before nodding and going to that direction.

After we are close enough, we saw a man in his mid twenties fighting with a lot of zombies by himself.

I quickly rushed towards him and attacked the zombies, i also killed a few by cracking their necks.

I grabbed the man and we entered it before i hastily closed it.

"Quickly put me back there, i'm already infected" the man's voice was so deep and dreamy.

Seong Young Hee! Get that thought out of your head! This is not the time to be fan girling!

Wow, he's so handsome~

Okay, i get it! I'm focusing on the situation right now!

"It's not our problem wether you turn or not anyways" I replied.

"Just think of defeating the virus inside your body and maybe don't let yourself thought of becoming like one of those monsters" I said and question marks "appeared" on top of his head.

He didn't understand what i meant but he nodded.

I continued driving and we were almost there when the man shouted "Huh?! Nothing is happening?!"

I looked at Namra and we both smiled, happy to get a new comrade that will help us.

"Yup. You are now a half zombie" I answered the man while he looked at me with puzzled stare.

The truck was only for two people so the man was seating between us.

"We'll explain it to you once we get back" Namra said after being silent for a long time.

The man nodded and became quiet after that.

We arrived and we quickly saw the walls from afar.

I speed up a little bit and we arrived at the metal gate.

Yup, we also got ourselves one like those in some movies.

But it took us a long time to make a decent metal gate since we're not experienced in this area.

You must also be wondering why i know how to build walls.

Well, since i needed money so badly, i also joined some construction sites and learned some things here and there. From my past life, of course.

But i still got weird looks from those people, not a great stare if i must say.

"Sun Young! We're back!" I shouted and we immediately heard a running footsteps from the other side of the wall.

We became close with each other and we starting calling each other by our given names a few days ago.

The wall slowly opened with a loud creaking noise.

The man covered his ears, startled at the sudden noise.

"Ah, it's alright. We're also like that at first" i reassured him.

The man was puzzled once again.

Sun Young stepped aside for a bit and we entered with the truck.

The truck was able to enter but it looks like the area became much more smaller with the truck inside it.

I also considered the truck in the area of the walls.

We hopped down and Sun Young immediately walked towards us.

She was walking forward to us with the barn behind her.

The man beside me suddenly made a creaking noise from his jaw and looked at Sun Young with a stare like he's staring at food.

Namra and i looked at him, knowing what was going on.

He reached his other hand towards Sun Young.

Sun Young made a confused face about what was going on with the man and asked "Is there something wrong with him? Should we send him to the hospital?"

"It seems like you're not adapted to this zombie apocalypse yet and still thinking like in the old ways" I said without replying to her question.

"He doesn't need any doctors or medicine. Namra and i are the same with this guy, he's just new about being like one of us. What he need is what we eat, he's hungry" I said seriously while grabbing his neck from behind.