II Chapter 11 - Gun

After arriving at a new area, the noise of the truck was heard by a lot of zombies.

"How many zombies are there?" I asked and Baek Hyun looked at the area more carefully.

"Although i am not sure, it is around twenty"

"That's such a hassle, just wait for them to get stuck in the bamboo and just kill the remaining" (Young Hee)

After a few more minutes, a lot of zombies got stuck in the bamboo but they did not die instantly.

Blood lose isn't a problem for zombies since those who lose their minds from the virus almost can't feel any pain, but it is different to us half zombies since we still are part human, so that's why we can still feel pain.

After a few more seconds, we looked at each other and nodded.

We've been teaming up these past few weeks so our teamwork isn't that bad.

There's a zombie just below the door of the truck, i opened it and it made a loud bang because the zombie's head was hit.

The zombie staggered for a bit and i took this opportunity to struck its head in the bamboo spike, then the zombie immediately stopped moving and died.

We continued to kill the zombies and it took us a few minutes before they are all killed.

The zombies in the bamboo spike already died too.

We dragged the zombies at the back of the truck and put them inside.

It's was not because i feel sorry for them and was planning to burry them, it was because there are some annoying helicopters in the skies every now and then to check the areas and also clear if they saw some.

It will be very troublesome if the higher ups found something was wrong.

But i don't know how Baek Hyun think about this, ah right, i am not calling his given name out loud.

I was just saying it in my thoughts.

I actually call him Dang Baek Hyun, his full name.

"Shall we go back now?" Baek Hyun asked and i answered "The truck isn't full yet, we can still go to another place. We should at least speed up clearing the area"

"Alright" Baek reluctantly agreed and nodded.

I pulled out the map from my pocket, how did it fit? Of course i folded it.

I also pulled out a red marker and put an X mark in this area that we cleared.

We opened the door of the truck and Baek Hyun drove to the another nearest location next to this area.

It's not like i don't know how to drive, i am just not in the mood.

You know, there are a lot of times when i can be very lazy, especially to the things that i hate to do.

I mean, everybody is lazy at something.

If you're so active, you're definitely an anime character with infinite stamina.

Ahem, this is not Nar*to.

After 20 minutes, we arrived at our destination, we saw a gas station so we immediately filled up the truck.

There was a convenience store near so i just went to check subconsciously.

"Where are you going?" Baek Hyun asked and i turned my head to him to answer "The convenience store ahead"

He nodded without much thought, already used to Young Hee checking up every place.

As i got closer, i felt that something was wrong.

I hastened my pace and the answer struck me.

A breathing coming from a human sounded in my ears.

I widened my eyes before grinning at the thought of a new comrade.

I opened the door carefully and noticed that that person was hiding his/her breathing to also conceal his/her presence.

But there was also another faint breathing.

"Two people?" I whispered to myself.

I completely entered the store and something  hard pressed on my head.

"Don't move" a voice sounded in my ears.

I looked at the corner of my eyes and saw a gun, i gulped not because of being afraid, i was very impressed at the greeting and to caught me off guard like this.... I'm impressed! REALLY IMPRESSED!!! (A/N : Is it just me or she sounds like someone who have mental problems?)

"GET OUT!" The voice next to me shouted in a whispered.

"Oh hoh? Immediately making me get out when i just entered. That's not a nice greeting, you know?"

"Get out or i will shoot your head!"

"There's no need to be angry--" i was about to continue when the person beside me interrupted "One last warning...!"

The person beside me immediately started counting.

"3..."

"2..."

"1..."

The person beside me was about to pull the trigger when a sound of footsteps was heard from my left.

"Stop it, dad. Just let her go, there's no need to be this angry"

The voice of a female sounded.

"Put your hands up" the man ordered and i immediately put my hands up.

The man pointed at the gun at my head while backing away towards the woman.

"Why did you come out?" The man whispered to the woman.

The man whispered but i can also hear it with my enhanced hearing and it wasn't that a great distance so it was loud and clear in my ears.

On the other side, Baek Hyun finished filling up the truck but it was already a few minutes since Young Hee went to the convenience store.

He was getting more and more nervous, after hanging on with his patience for a while, he immediately ran towards the convenience store.

Young Hee heard a fast sounds of footsteps from a few distance and smiled.

Baek Hyun didn't mind shouting very loudly after seeing me in a distance "Young Hee! Are you okay?!"

Because he couldn't see the situation properly, he only saw a woman with her hands up in the air but he was sure that it was Young Hee since she's the only one who went to the convenience store.

After coming more closer, he felt something was wrong and finally arrived at the entrance door.

To be continued...