III

Way Down We Go - Kaleo

Cheryl's P.O.V

I didn't give him the opportunity to add anything else to the discussion and continued walking in the woods. I assumed he recovered enough and let him walk on his own. I just checked now and then if he was following.

Obviously we both weren't really enjoying our late night walk in the freezing forest. I would have cast a teleportation spell on us to get to the cabin in no time but as I never actually set foot in it I couldn't picture it or ourselves there.

"I think we're going the wrong way".

I turned around and saw Kai had stopped walking.

"And how do you know which way we're supposed to go ?" Did he think we could leave right away ?

"I'm pretty sure we are going in the opposite direction."

"You mean opposite from where you and the others landed when you came in this prison world ?" He nodded in response. I continued. "Except, we aren't going home. At least not yet." He looked confused. I was definitely playing with him. "Relax, it's because the next northern lights we can expect will occur tomorrow. We missed tonight's ones."

"Where are we going, then ?"

"A place to crash, my friend." I smiled and tilted my head on the side suggesting him to follow me.

We finally arrived to the lodge. I opened slowly the wooden door fearing that it might fall apart as it was ruined i.e VERY fragile. I didn't really felt like staying at a place with no door, especially by that weather.

I opened my arms at the sight of the small room. "Home sweet home"

We both got in and after I put my bag on the floor, I started lightening some candles.

"Ohhh, cozy", Kai joked. He was looking at the furniture.

There was a table with four chairs, all of it was made of wood. In a corner, a book shelf was full of dusty books. Good news was, this shack had a fire place, bad news, it also had one bed, only one bed. Kai must have seen it as his eyes were going back and fourth between it and me. I raised my eyebrows at him, containing a grin.

"Don't give me that look, we're sharing the bed

"Don't give me that look, we're sharing the bed. I'm not giving it up to you."

"I was counting on that." He gave me a flirtatious wink. I shook my head and changed the subject.

"Are you hungry ?" I grabbed my bag and started looking for the food I had brought.

"Starving." He lifted his head to see what was in my bag. "Do you have any pork rinds ?"

I smiled and took the bag full of pork rings out and waved it next to my face. "You're welcome.", I sang.

"Why am I not surprised ? Have you been stalking me ?" He seemed amused.

My lips turned downwards, in the shape of a bridge, an expression taken from Katherine Pierce

My lips turned downwards, in the shape of a bridge, an expression taken from Katherine Pierce. "Kind of."

He came really close to me, his face a few inches from mine. "I'm flattered." He then grabbed the pork rinds and made his way to a chair. "So, 'Savior' what do you want from me ?" He had his mouth full and seemed far less anxious than earlier.

I opened a bag of crisps and pulled myself a chair in front of him.

"I'm Cheryl, if you wondered, and I need you to help me with my magic. It has been...restricted, I can only use it at night."

"What does it have to do with me ?"

Of course he couldn't understand, he didn't know the whole story.

"That's easy." I paused, crossed my legs and laid back in my chair. "Your coven cursed me."