XI

Run This Town - Jay-Z Feat. Rihanna & Kanye West

Kai's P.O.V

"What the heck !?", Tyler spat while taking a step back.

I walked in the living room as if I owned it, wearing a big smile on my face.

"You're late.", Cheryl stated.

"I had to stop by somewhere.", I replied, showing off the plastic bag I was carrying.

I brought a confectionary to my mouth and took a bite while both Cheryl and Tyler were watching with wide eyes.

"You... brought food ?", murmured Cheryl grasping the sachet out of my hands and diving her whole face into it. "Cupcakes ?! Oh my, you're the best !", she exclaimed while picking a cupcake.

She eagerly studied the chocolate chips apparent on the top before taking a good mouthful out of it.

As I studied her eating the cake, I wondered if someone had ever told me I was the best. Reality hit me like a truck when I recalled I never had friends of my own who could have. The closest I had to a group of friends was my large amount of brothers and sisters. But again, I was a plague to the Parker family AND to the coven. My father wouldn't let my siblings even compliment me.

And I'm the monster.

When Cheryl told me I was the best my stomach felt weird. Those words made my chest lighter in a way I wasn't used to. I wasn't sure if those waves of gratitude were actually gonna make me sick or not. Life would be so much easier if I could just silence the 'Luke side' of me.

I internally sighed and, by the look Cheryl was giving me, probably externally as well.

"Don't worry I'm not gonna eat ALL your cupcakes.", she ensured.

"Probably half of it

"Probably half of it.", she added while pulling a face at me.

Before I could object, one loud bumping sound was heard. We both quickly noticed Tyler was nowhere to be found.