28: Flashback 10-12

Flashback 10

Stephen was on the phone, and Aina could faintly hear her own voice answering.

"Relax, I knew that he was there." He chuckled.

Aina realised it was the phone call she and Stephen had after he and Loki agreed on a polyamorous relationship. Knowing how the conversation went, Aina instead went back to reading Stephen's mind.

"I cant believe she's lying right now, that's not very nice Aina." Stephen's thoughts dripped with sarcasm.

He knew... I lied... about knowing that Stephen knew that Loki was there that night? And why is he being so nasty... I guess you never truly know someone...

"This is where the fun begins..." Stephen grinned. "We just agreed that we shouldn't put a label on what we all have going on. Just let it happen the way it is and if one of us comes across boundaries that one of us wants to set then we will say it, we'll just figure it out as we go along."

Something's wrong...

"Go on, Aina. Agree to it. I know you want to, whore."

Whore? Stephen wouldn't think that of me. No, he wouldn't. It wasn't even my idea anyways!

Aina felt that Stephen's emotions were full of deceit, pride and cunning. I don't like this.

"Yeah. Wait hold on. I should ask properly. Aina Cairns, would you like to be mine?" Stephen asked in an overtly cheesy way, and rolled his eyes. He inspected his nails and then tapped his fingers on the steering wheel as though he was impatient with the conversation.

"That's more like it." Stephen adjusted himself in the seat. "At the moment, sexual, but potentially romantic. That, I think, is why we would prefer not to label it. Sound good?" Stephen asked.

Aina watched in disgust as she realised she didn't recognize the man who was meant to be her boyfriend at all.

"Pansexual. Can I ask what you are?" Stephen raised a brow.

All of his answers and questions seem planned.

"I'm not certain and honestly I don't think you could label his sexuality if you tried. I mean... didn't Loki give birth to a horse?" Stephen burst out laughing. "Trust Loki to get himself into a situation where he would have to do that to save his own skin."

Aina could also feel that Stephen despised Loki. Why would you suggest a relationship with him if you didn't like him?? Wait... if Stephen knew the story about Loki birthing a horse... why react as if he knew about Loki's son Fenrir when I mentioned that in front of everyone...

"Gathering intel. I'm currently on a stake-out." Stephen lied, then tossed his notebook on the dashboard. Aina craned her neck to try and read it without moving any of the pages.

-Lorelai is obsessed with Aina. WHY?

-Infiltrate Avengers compound as Stephen Strange. In relationship with Aina.

-Use the relationship to your advantage to find out what you can.

-Wait until Stephen leaves for "mission". No need to put infiltration at risk by being around people who know him well. Minimal risk exposure. Surveillance from a distance.

-Find out what you can in SANCTUM SANCTORUM until then.

-Less people who know about mission the better. Wong is unavoidable. Their "Director Fury" is leader. Somehow convince Stephen and Wong to clear it with him alone without being detected, then take Stephen's place and leave ASAP.