003.

Why Did I Have To Follow You?

❝ it's stupid and ridiculous ❞

EARTH-120703

Zoe caught up with Peter shortly after she rushed after him; her small body almost knocking into him. Peter's eyes widened at the sight of her following him, but didn't say anything as he continued down the hall.

"Where are you going, Parker?" Zoe whispered to him. "You'll get us both in trouble."

"You didn't have to follow me," he whispered back. Zoe sighed and put her hand to her head, knowing he was right.

"Why did I follow him?" she thought to herself. Perhaps it was to attempt to not get him in trouble, though that was inevitable now as they snuck into a restricted area. Peter grabbed her arm and led her through the small area until they reached a room with lots of spiders. Zoe tensed up at the sight, feeling disgusted.

Her body tensed up even more when she saw Peter raise his hand to touch a web. He immediately pulled back though when tens of spiders began to fall on both of their heads. They both bit their lips to avoid screaming and shook all the spiders off; or they thought they got all the spiders off at least.

Zoe grabbed Peter's hand and rushed them both out of there and back to the lab, where Gwen met them with disappointed looks. She asked Peter to hand her his name tag, which he complied to before turning to leave. To say he was shocked when he saw Zoe follow him would be an understatement.

"Aren't you going to stay with the tour?" Peter asked her. Zoe smiled at him and shook her head.

"Gwen can give me a tour any time she wants. And besides, she told me I already got the internship," Zoe explained.

"That's great, Zoe! I'm so happy for you-ow!" Peter started, but stopped when he clasped his hand to the back of his neck in pain.

"Peter? Are you okay? What happened?" Zoe asked him worriedly.

"Nothing, it's just, I think one of those spiders may have just bitten me," he whispered to her. Zoe's stomach dropped at those words, her expression turning worried. "I'm sure it'll be fine though."

"Peter, that was a restricted area! It most definitely will not be fine! We need to get you to a doc-ow!" Zoe clasped her hand to her shoulder in pain. She and Peter quickly shared a look of worry. "We need to go."

Zoe grabbed Peter's arm and dragged him out of the Oscorp building and down the street to the subway.

"Call your Aunt and Uncle, we're going to the hospital," Zoe told him. Peter shook his head and stopped her from pulling him.

"No, no. We need to just sleep off whatever side effects we get. It'll be fine!" he said. "No doctors, no hospital."

"Peter, am I the only one seeing how serious this is?" Zoe complained.