10

Even after the duplicates vanished, Camden did not change. The people who died still lay in the same place now. The buildings that were damaged are still the same now. The cracks between the roads are still the same.

Once Tori put Ainsley to bed, she went to find anything in the refrigerator or cabinets that would feed the rest of them, specifically for Seth. While Tori was searching, they all heard the keys to the front door unlock. Everyone turned their heads to see Ainsley's father walk inside. Harold seemed shocked for a minute, but then concluded his thoughts.

"Hi Mr. Lynn..." Tori greeted. "I'm sorry if we're disturbing, we can leave right now if you-"

"It's fine." Harold dropped his keys on the table and walked straight upstairs, not even acknowledging the other two men at the table like Ainsley's mother would.

"Do you guys like beef stew? They have some cans of different kinds." Seth nodded. He didn't care anymore, he just wanted something inside his belly. He felt as if he could pass out any minute now.

Meanwhile, upstairs Harold was watching his child sleep peacefully under their blankets. He knew he had to talk to them soon, but he figured he'd do it in the morning since it was getting late and they were already fast asleep. He shut their door slowly so they could sleep in peace.

Downstairs, Tori had made everyone something to eat, including herself. They all ate in silence at the kitchen table. No one said anything until Seth finished his food first.

"So...is this the end?" He asked, placing his dish in the sink. He looked over at Tori who had barely eaten anything.

"I guess so," she murmured. "I just wished we all could've made it." She sighed and sat back, folding her arms.

"Me too," whispered Lewis.

"I'm not sure where things went wrong because I was barely with you guys. It felt like I was in that death cube forever." Seth sat back down at the table. "I knew I had lost when I forgot about Ainsley still in the rubble. I thought I was doing so well."

"But at least they're alive, right? Apparently that family was corrupt or something and practically almost took them in for good. I don't know what Ainsley was thinking and I'm starting to think that the museum incident made them go loco." Tori muttered.

"We still got free food and a nice place to stay though..." Tori glared at Lewis. "What? Just putting that out there..."

"So you guys all decided it was a good idea to...get adopted by random...strangers?" Seth reiterated. Tori shook her head.

"No, Ainsley."

"To be fair, we kind of went along with it too," Lewis pointed out. Seth nodded his head.

"I'm very disappointed but not shocked. You guys weren't always the brightest." Tori crossed her arms.

"Well, tell me Seth, what would you do instead?"

"Well me personally, I'd focus on one villain at a time. It sounds simple, but that would've been better than whatever you guys did." Seth looked down at the ground.

"But since the duplicates are all gone for good now, does that mean there's a chance that Layla is alive at least? I doubt they got to her yet." Lewis commented.

"Yes, I think it's good to check, but only Ainsley knows where the duplicates are located," Tori replied. "I'll have to ask them." Tori got up from the seat and started walking out the kitchen to check on Ainsley. Their room door was shut just as they left it before. Tori knocked first, before opening slowly. Ainsley was still in the same spot on their bed, laying down under the blankets. They didn't acknowledge Tori's present until she sat down on the edge of the bed.