Chapter 21

Borutos Pov

No way, this can't be real, I'm dreaming right?

Sarada had her hands in her face holding back tears.

Dad is... hes..dead... I suddenly feel my movements become stiff. I look down and see a shadow connecting to mines.

"This is" I said

"Shadow Paralysis Jutsu Complete."

"Mr.Shikamaru!?" Sarada yelled.

"This is the first time I've used this on you Boruto." Shikamaru said as anbu members put up a barrier around the house.

"According to the sensory unit, the enemy suddenly appeared here, and then disappeared along with Lord seventh." Shikamaru Explained. "You were present weren't you Boruto? Tell us what went down."

"A barrier?" Sarada questioned. "Isn't this to extreme?"

"It's meant to prevent Boruto from fleeing, it will also thwart any enemy reinforcements." Shikamaru Explained as he undid the Paralysis Jutsu. "Now then, I'll respect Lord Sevenths wishes snd not restrain you, as long as you don't try anything stupid."

"Now, tell me what happened Boruto."

"The enemy was Jigen, the leader of Kara, he suddenly appeared in front of me." I explained.

"The sensory unit reported the same thing to me, so is this a special ability that's unique to Jigen?" Shikamaru asked.

"I don't know, my Karma, started hurting and formed a pattern I never saw before, then a portal appeared in front of me and he appeared." I explained.

"Sounds like space time ninjutsu damn it." Shikamaru complained. "What a drag."

"But why would he take Lord Seventh away?" Sarada asked.

"Dad kept interfering, so Jigen took him away, to eliminate him." I replied.

"Is that all you have to report?" Shikamaru asked. "Boruto"

"Huh?" I questioned.

"I'm asking if there's anything you're hiding." Shikamaru clarified. "Like you're deceiving us for example."

"Mr.Shikamaru!??" Sarada questioned. "What are you saying!?

"I'll be honest with you, I don't trust you Boruto." Shikamaru said.

"How can you say that!?" Sarada angrily asked.

"I can't help thinking that, you're now a member of Kara, and now a spy that was sent into Konoha in order to destroy it." Shikamaru explained. "Sure I could come up with countless conspiracy theories that have no solid evidence but with Lord Seventh suddenly gone, my misgivings only grow deeper."

"I can't fault your logic, it does make sense." I said. "So what you want me to do?"

"With the Hokage absent, the decision falls to me as his advisor." Shikamaru said. "House arrest within this barrier should be enough for now, until we have proof that you're not a spy."

"House arrest?" Sarada asked. "Thats way too extreme, you can't do this!"

"Calm down Sarada, I mean, it's really my fault this happen." I said. "It's better than anything else right now.

Sarada looked at me worryingly.

"Thanks for being cooperative, it's for the good of everyone in the village, it's not personal."

                Kashin Kojis Pov

Damn it Jigen, I stood on top of the border walls of the leaf city. This is odd though, even if they'd ended up fighting over there it should've concluded long ago.

And yet he hasn't returned meaning? Did Naruto defeat Jigen? No there's not even a sliver of a chance of that, and let's say Uchiha  Sasuke happened to show up... they still have minimal chances of winning.

Nevertheless considering that Jigen hasn't come back for Boruto... maybe he can't? He could've expened too much Chakra so he went back to the base instead?

It's not completely impossible, in which case this is a once in a lifetime opportunity....

It's worth me heading back to the base.

                  Amados Pov

"You had too much fun out there Jigen." I criticized. "You have almost Zero Chakra left  it'll take a while for you to be full again."

"It's a bad habit of mine, I got happy and ended up getting carried away..." Jigen said.

"What's there to be happy about?" I asked.

"Boruto naturally, what else is there?" Jigen answered. "His Karma is ripening at an astonishing pace, he's no longer just a simple incomplete Vessel, he shall awaken as a perfect Otsutsuki."

....

"That's great, how much did he progress?" I asked.

"He's around, 70... maybe 80% done now, meaning he's officially 80% Otsutsuki." Jigen smiled. "Once the time is right, I'll feed myself to the ten tails and resurrect in Borutos body to claim this earths Chakra fruit."

He's rambling bout this darn plan again.

"Don't worry Amado, everyone's wishes will be granted, including yourself of course." Jigen said.

"Yeah"

I looked at Delta leaning on the wall listening to our conversation... she might be a problem soon.

"What are you staring at geezer?" Delta insulted. "You're creeping me out."

I pulled out a cigarette and puffed it a couple of times.

"I'm counting on it, Jigen" I said.