023 ; howler

══════ ✥.❖.✥ ══════

══════ ✥.❖.✥ ══════

YOU BLINK AS RON WRAPS HIS WAND UP IN TAPE.

apparently he had broken it when he and harry were missing, and he was now attempting at fixing it.

"say it. i'm doomed" he looks at it nervously.

"you're doomed" you and harry say in sync.

"hi, harry!"

you turn around, standing there was a small blond boy holding a large camera, he also had gryffindor robes on.

you all flinch as he raises the large camera and the flash goes off, people from surrounding tables turn to look also.

"i'm colin creevey. i'm gryffindor too!" he says excitedly, you smirk slightly,

it seems harry-kun has a fan!

harry smiles awkwardly, "hi, colin. nice to meet you"

suddenly, a squawk is heard.

"ron, is that your owl?" the boy you knew to be dean thomas points out.

everyone looks up, it was in fact, ron's owl. clumsy little thing it is, you all flinch back as it lands straight into a bowl of chips, (i'll probably end up calling them crisps since that's what they're called in britain, but maybe not) sending them flying over the table.

you grimace slightly and push some chips off your lap, rolling your eyes slightly as draco's group laughs at the clumsy owl.

ron shakes his head, "bloody bird's a menace"

he reaches over and takes the letter out of the dormant, maybe passed out bird's beak.

nope, not passed out, it gets right back up, flapping its wings slightly before turning around and flying over yours and hermiones heads.

you pout and fix up the loose strands from your two buns, patting them down.

"oh, no"

you all turn to ron, he was looking down at his letter in fear, you tilt your head, how bad could it really be?

"look, everyone. weasley's got himself a howler" seamus grins, draco's group starts laughing again.

howler?

you scan the letter, it was a pretty crimson colour and rather reminded you of the colour of blood. it had a gold emblem on the back and some even darker crimson, closer to maroon fabric going over the front with what you would guess to be ron's name on the front.

"go on, ron" neville ushers, "i ignored one from my gran once. it was horrible" he looks down nervously and shivers.

ron turns back to the letter, even more scared than he was previously.

he flips the letter over and you scan the front, just as you had thought ; it had his name on it, as well as some other writing.

he peels off the golden wax seal, "ronald weasley!!" - he drops the letter in shock.

now everyone's attention was on him, he looks down, mortified.

the letter picks itself up, "how dare you steal that car!!"

the paper inside had words, but the letter was speaking for itself as the dark maroon fabric acted as a tongue and the letter inside was bent over at the edges and folded like jagged teeth.

"i am absolutely disgusted!!" if paper could spit, ron would be drenched.

"your father's now facing an enquiry at work.. and it's entirely your fault!" the letter gets up in his face, you just blink in shock along with everyone surrounding.

"if you put another toe out of line, we'll bring you straight home!!"

you purse your lips awkwardly.

the letters expression softens as it turns in the direction of ginny, "oh and, ginny, dear. congratulations on making gryffindor." - she just smiles awkwardly and averts her eyes.

"your father and i are so proud."

it turns back to ron with the same expressions as before, before sticking its tongue out and blowing raspberries at ron's face and ripping itself up into small pieces.

your mouth parts awkwardly, closing again, opening again ; kind of like a fish, you were trying to find words to say, but like everyone else, nothing would come out.

ron just looks down, completely horrified.

══════ ✥.❖.✥ ══════

══════ ✥.❖.✥ ══════

words ; 670

date posted ; 14/03/22

©_behindyou_