The Scarf

a new chapter! Yay! :D

Mikasa's P.O.V:

These people have such generosity that it makes me want to cry. No one has ever been like this to me ever since my parents were brutally murdered right in front of me. I still get chills from that memory.

I felt that cold that I felt when I was kidnapped. How I was saved, I still don't know how. I was left at a bakery when I regained consciousness. The baker was generous enough to give me a sack full of fresh loaves of bread. I survived on that for two months. After that, I became a different person.

"Hey! Stop that thief!", a merchant said. I ran faster than anybody else, with a sack in my hand and slung it over my shoulder. I kept running and running.

I hid behind an alleyway, which I called home. I watched as the stupid merchant kept running, his beer belly bouncing. I chuckled. "Stupid." I murmured.

I opened the sack and took out a set of new clothes, some money and some meat. I made a fire and roasted the meat and ate it contently.

I changed into a pink button-up, a long skirt and a gray sweater. I stuffed some paper bills in my pocket and hid my sack behind a dumpster. I walked out into the streets like a regular citizen.

That's when I heard the bullying.

Eren's P.O.V:

I felt really sorry for Mikasa, even though I just met her. She was an orphan who didn't have a home, a family...well...she had nothing.

But, of course, Mom is going to invite her over for dinner or something. Mom is a sucker when it comes to people who should be pitied.

But the words that slipped out of her mouth were words I've never heard before:

"Mikasa. Why don't you stay here for the night?" She said. Mikasa, on the other hand, was shocked. I don't think she hears that a lot. Then, I saw her shudder. "I'm cold." She said.

I can tell she was cold, because she was rubbing her arms to make them warm, even though she wore a sweater. I decided to keep her warm.

I stepped forward and took off my red woolen scarf and wrapped it around Mikasa's neck. She had a look of surprise on her face, then she started tearing up.

"Is it warm enough, Mikasa?" I asked. She nodded in response. "Yes. Thank you." Then, she turned to face my mom. "I accept your invitation." she said.

Mom smiled and whispered indistinctly to my dad. He nodded and faced Mikasa. "You're welcome here anytime, Mikasa. You can share with Eren."

My mouth gaped open. "WHAT?!" I said. My parents faced me and gave me 'the look'. Mikasa faced me with an expressionless face. I knew that if I don't say something, I'll be punished. I sighed. "Sorry, Mikasa. You're welcome to share my room."

Then, something totally unexpected happened. She hugged me and started to sob.

"Thank you," she said. "Eren."