Worry

Mikasa's P.O.V:

I was sitting with Armin at dinner, waiting for Eren to come. I didn't see him at ALL this entire day. I was worried that he was avoiding me or something. I was finding him for, like half of the day. I was starting to worry...

Finally, after what seemed like 20 years, Eren finally came and sat next to Armin. "Hey, Armin. How was training?" He asked Armin. Armin shrugged and took a bite of bread. "Just like any other day, I guess...how about you? Did you fight with Jean again?" Armin asked. Eren frowned. "I'm not a child, Armin. I don't fight with horses!"

Eren ate his soup with a scowl as I just stared at the red scarf around my neck. I started to think that Eren was just ignoring me.

I decided to ask him how he was doing, so I cleared my throat. "Uh, Eren..." I said, but Eren interrupted me. "Oh, Mikasa! I was looking for you just now! You shouldn't worry me like that!" He said. I was initially shocked. Eren...was worried about me? I thought. I'm supposed to be worried about him. I cleared my throat. "Oh, sorry," I said. "But you worried me, too. I didn't see you all day, so it's basically your fault for not seeing me." I retorted.

"Mikasa, I don't think you should have said that..." Armin said, holding his hands in a surrender pose. Eren jabbed his fork in the table, with all the cadets looking at us. Armin tried to calm Eren down. "E-Eren, don't get mad about little things such as this. It's almost as childish as your petty rivalry with Jean!" Eren shoved him aside.

"D-Do you have feelings for Jean, Mikasa?" Eren asked out of the blue. My jaw dropped, as so did everyone else's. Jean was just standing there, frozen in place.

Eren's P.O.V:

I have no idea where that question came from, but I feel like Mikasa might've been training with that horse-face instead of me. I would admit that I'm in that phase where I'm having a childish jealousy phase.

But, I was just wondering...

Mikasa was still shocked. "E-Eren...what made you think that? I barely know him!" Jean had a mental breakdown. I think Mikasa might've offended him. Anyway, Mikasa was pissed, because she yelled, "You can be such an annoying little turd sometimes!" and stormed outside. Everyone just stared at me, thinking about what I did to make her mad.

Armin put his hand on my shoulder. "Go talk to her." He suggested. I shoved his hand away and stood up. "I was planning to do that, anyways." I walked out the door to look for her, which wasn't hard because she was in the back of the dining cabin.

She was standing, with her back against the wall. She wasn't doing anything, I guess she was just thinking. Plus, her expression was showing that she was pretty pissed...Ugh, I'm such a jerk for being like that to her.

"Hey." I said cautiously. She turned her head, then jerked back and sulked. She was still mad. I stood next to her and heaved a sigh. "Look, I'm sorry for asking that." i said. "It's just that..." Mikasa held her hand up. "I get it." She crossed her arms and looked at me, smirking. "You don't need to apologize. It's my fault for being sensitive."

I sighed in relief, then took out the handkerchief Mikasa gave me out of my jacket pocket. I handed it to her. "Here. You need it more than me." She looked at it and gasped. "You kept it?" She asked. I nodded. "It was the first gift you gave me. Remember what happened when you gave me the handkerchief?"

EREN'S P.O.V (EREN'S 10TH BIRTHDAY):

"Happy Birthday Eren!" My parents said. Mom brought out some fruit bread with a small candle in it. We couldn't afford the fancy pastries, but this is better than regular pastries. I made a wish to get into the Survey Corps, then opened my presents.

Mom made me a nice shirt, which was warm enough for winter. Dad got me a Survey Corps badge that he got when he was treating a patient in Stohess. Armin gave me a loaf of bread, which he decorated with a weird face. Mikasa didn't give me anything, which I kind of was offended by.

Later, in my room, Mikasa came in. I crossed my arms. "Got something to say?" I said arrogantly. Mikasa rolled her eyes. "I was going to give you my present, but I guess you don't want it." I got up with an excited expression. "Gimme, gimme, gimme!" Mikasa chuckled and handed it to me. "It took me three months to make it, so you better appreciate it!"

I opened it and saw a blue and white handkerchief. There was embroidery that looked like the Wings of Freedom. She also stitched my name in it: 'Eren Jaeger'. I loved it. "Thanks, Mikasa. This is amazing craftsmanship!" I was so happy that I hugged her, for the first time.

Mikasa's P.O.V:

"I gave this to you five years ago, but you still have it?" I asked. Eren nodded. "It was the best gift I've ever gotten. I loved it and kept with me ever since." I finally faced him. "I never got to thank you properly, so is it too late?" He asked. I bit my lip and nodded. "It's never too late."

He smiled and cupped my face in his hands. "Oi! What are you doing?" I demanded, but I was stopped mid-sentence by his lips mashed into mine.