Breaded Confession

(fast forward to the bread scene)

Mikasa's P.O.V:

"Eren." I said as I stuffed a loaf of bread into his mouth. "Eat. And survive." Eren was tearing up as Armin was trying not to laugh. Eren then took out the loaf from his mouth and stood up.

He snatched the bread from my hand and took a bite. "Okay, Mikasa. I will survive, for your sake." He then walked away, with me thinking in shock:

What did he just say? For your sake...what does that mean?

I looked at Armin, who just shrugged his shoulders and went after Eren. I stayed standing there, still trying to decipher what Eren just said. For your sake...

Does Eren Jaeger like me?

Eren's P.O.V:

I ran off after I ate the bread that Mikasa gave me, still processing what I had just said to her.Did I say 'for your sake'?, I thought. Why did I say that? Now she's gonna think that I like her.

Even though I do...

"Eren!" I heard my name. I turned around and, thankfully, it was just Armin. He ran up to me, looking worried. "Eren...you...you like Mikasa, don't you?", he asked me. I widened my eyes, thinking, How did he figure it out? Was it thatobvious?

Then again, Armin does have incredibleintelligence, so he probably figured it out on his own...

But I couldn't let him figure it out, so I did my best to casually give a simple 'no'. "Pfft! No! Why would I like Mikasa? She's like my sister, man!" I laughed forcefully as Armin raised an eyebrow.

Damn it, I thought. He's not buying it. I guess I have to say that he's right...

And that's why I said, "Okay, okay, I admit it! I do like her, okay? Happy now?!" Armin grinned as he forcefully brought me back to Mikasa.

Sorry this is short, but kind of having writer's block! Hopefully, I'll get more ideas for the next chapter. Peace! :)