Red! Bobby x Reader

You worked at Reg Cutty's store. Not as a butcher or a meat boy, you just arranged the inventory, put the goods on shelves, cleaned the place, made the packages for the meat boy, and occasionally worked as a cashier when Cutty had to go to the basement to take care of the meat. Though it was a lot of work at times, the pay was good. And there was a bonus.

The red bobby who guarded the shop. Samuel Whistler.

He was older than the bobbies who patrolled the streets and had been guarding the shop before you had even begun working there. Though Whistler wasn't talkative, he was friendly. And oftentimes when you had to put some meat on the higher shelves he would help.

Ever since you had begun working there, you had had no trouble. No downers trying to steal food products and no wellies/wellettes being a little too friendly. Working there was great, in fact you couldn't see yourself working anywhere else. You enjoyed your work, and you were good friends with your boss. But you would quickly learn that things were not as they seemed...

The beginning of the day was kind of shit, the kind of shit that even joy couldn't fix. You had woken up late, which wasn't a rarity, but this time whilst getting out of bed you had managed to hit your leg on the side of your bed. And as you hobbled your way to the bathroom you stubbed your toe on the opposite leg, on the doorframe. And the little bit of breakfast you had before rushing out was burnt. So, when you went in for work, you both were and seemed pissed. You nearly slammed open the door to the butcher shop, before stomping in. Reg Cutty gave you a wave and a welcoming smile, to which you just nodded and forced a grin.

"Tough morning already, (Y/N)?" Cutty mused.

"Oh you wouldn't even know.." You groaned, setting your bag down and then putting on an apron. Though you didn't work with the meat, you still wore an apron in case any of the product spilled onto you. You glanced at the bobby, who had arrived early as usual. As you glanced your eyes locked, you jumped a bit at this before nervously nodding at him and looking away. You remember how nervous you were working here with the bobby around. He was and is very intimidating. But nowadays you are nervous for other reasons.

You had always looked at the bobbies with some sort of.. Infatuation? You weren't quite sure, but they did seem to grab your attention more than the average person. Before you could continue thinking of bobbies, the door opened, revealing a slim man wearing glasses. He seemed... familiar. But then again everyone seems familiar when you're on joy. You turned towards a stack of boxes labeled "Meats", and began to open the top box, leaving Reg to deal with the customer. You zoned out while stocking the shelves, but overheard something about Reg taking the stranger into apprenticeship. You were about to stack another can of V-Meat onto the shelf when you heard a loud shock. You whipped around, seeing the door off to the side of Reg's Counter closed. You strained your neck and saw a glimpse of the customer on the ground, his body contorted.

"Oh my," Reg said, walking out from behind the counter, "It seems the security system was still on".

"Is he breathing?" You whispered. Reg had opened the door on the side of the counter, revealing the unconscious man.

"Oh, he'll be fine." Reg huffed, as he hoisted the lanky man onto his shoulder.

"You stay here and take care of the shop," he said whilst he fished in his apron pocket for the key, "And I'll take him to go get some.. Medical help." He dropped the key into the palm of your hand.

"Are you sure you don't want me to take him?" The red bobby finally spoke up. Reg shook his head.

"No, no. It's quite alright. We still need you to guard the store. Heaven knows when a downer might strike." He opened the back door and stepped through. He turned to face both me and the bobby.