Ch 3.2 // Father

The Alpha hut stood on a hill that overlooked the village, and was very well decorated inside and out. The outside looked like a large boat almost with a sloped roof. The outside looked rather ancient and was decorated with runes, paw prints, and trinkets. Each trinket or string was lovingly made and held different protection spells for the tribe or the royal family.

     Lee strolled along and looked at the runes he used to know by heart, the memory of some of them fading from his mind. He ran a paw over the all too familiar door frame before walking through the door. As he entered the hut he looked around in wonder at everything he saw. The walls looked stronger than when he was a child, and it was so warm and inviting. There was a protected fire in the middle, and it seemed as if magic was making the smoke spiral up through the hole in the roof. He took a tentative breath and smelled almost no smoke at all. He smiled and greeted a few wolves along the way to the back of the house, stopping one of them who was carrying a few jugs. "Excuse me! Sorry, where's-"

     "Felix is up by the thrones! See you at the middlegrounds later!" Said the wolf who rushed off almost right away.

     He heard some clamoring and cursing as he neared the throne. He laughed, seeing that his father was waist deep in a large chest of clothes. He was cursing in their native tongue, something that Lee was absolutely used to hearing.

     "You need some help, old man?" Lee asked with a tail wag.

     The old wolf stood up and rounded as if to chew out whoever had said that to him, then relaxed and laughed out loud. He hugged his son tight, "Chrom! It is good to see you!" He said. His deep booming voice never changed, no matter how old he got.

     "It's great to see you too, dad. It's just Lee now though. I was coming to see how preparations were going, and to see if you needed anything else while I'm here." He crossed his arms over his chest and looked around the room as if to find something to fix.

     "Pah!" His father said, going back to the trunk to dig around. "I just need to find my right robes. Your mother is busy greeting Sky tribe and she usually helps with this. I'm no good with colors or fabrics." He grumbled.

     Lee smiled and walked over to take a look. He leaned against the wall and sighed, "So I see that Copper's here too. He came to greet us as well."

     "Us?" He said, looking up from his search for a moment. The old wolf loved gossip much more than he would admit, but he was far too busy to indulge most of the time.

     "Oh, sorry. I came with my second oldest, Axel. I know I haven't brought them around as much and--"

     "At all." He said in a final sort of tone. He straightened up and stretched his back, retrieving a colorful robe that Lee could only assume was the one he was looking for. "It's been years. Twenty years, I believe, right? Far too long. I'd love to see my grandchildren, but I know your wife takes issue with us. With you, and our way."

     The more his dad spoke the more leader-like he sounded. He heard the stone cold tone of his voice and folded his ears back. "I've tried to speak with Cassandra, but she feels hurt! Ever since the war-"

     "Our warriors know their price. She was too weak to be your brother's mate, and it shows now." Felix said. He looked at Lee and sighed with irritation, "I know how hard it was on you all to see Owen fall. Your brother fought well, and your wife should have known that. She desecrated his memory by fighting at The Sending!"

     Lee's ears twitched like mad hearing his dad's voice echo the room. He wasn't sure if that was a real thing or if he just imagined it from how angry he was. He fixed his posture as to not look like a cowering puppy and pressed the issue. He had to. "She didn't understand because no one would tell her! Copper shut her out completely, and she was alone. I was the one who took time to comfort her, she was with child..."