01. The Future

C H A P T E R' S
M O O D B O A R D

I stared at the clear lake so intently, wondering what went wrong

I stared at the clear lake so intently, wondering what went wrong. Did I push things so hard? Was everything that I am going to face right now even the right thing to do?

I can see my reflection in the lake and seeing it so close made me question things more. Am I even worthy for this?

"There you are..." I sighed, hearing her voice. It was so soft that every thoughts I got on mind suddenly vanish. I turned my back to face her and she greeted me with a smile.

"I knew I'd find you here. So, what are you sulking, huh?" she asked, clearly having fun of my misery. I pouted my lips. Tinalikuran ko siya at hinarap ulit ang lawa bago nilaro ang tubig doon. Naging dahilan iyon para masira ang repleksyon ko sa malinaw nitong tubig.

The coldness of the lake then embraced my hand as I smiled. Parang kailan lang ay hindi ako mahiwalay sa lugar na ito dahil tila konektado kami. Every waters that I face makes me feel something nostalgic. And now that I found the reason why, I suddenly wish that I just didn't. I guess, because before I got nothing to think about. Before, it was just me and now I had the whole region.

"I hope I just didn't lost so I woudn't need to find myself," I whispered that made her chuckle.

"Idiot. Then what will be your purpose in life, huh? Are you fine with just being incomplete?" There was mocking lace on her voice that made me roll my eyes. Narinig ko ang pagbuntonghininga nito at ang marahan niyang pag-upo sa tabi ko.

"Do you think I can conquer this? Sa tingin mo ba ay ito talaga ang nakatadhana para sa akin? Or is the continent just playing on me because they think I'm dumb?" tanong ko na naman. She laughed this time.

"You are dumb." I turned to glare at her but I caught her just staring at the lake. There was happiness on her eyes and when she looked back at me, I saw that she was hiding her sadness there. "But do you know that those who thinks they are dumb or has been told by people that they are dumb are actually the ones who got those biggest role to take?"

Slowly, a gentle smile crept unto her lips as she glided her hands to touch mine. Her warm then spread to my skin as I felt my system more calmer than ever.

"And right now, it is the role you needed to take. The biggest role is yours." And before I could say something, she silenced me again by what she said next. "And you deserve that role. No other nymphs deserves that but you. Remember that."

"I trust you." That was the last word she said after we agreed on getting back to my house. Kailangan na rin kasi niyang umuwi sa kanila dahil may kailangan pa siyang gawin. So, I was left alone in my so-called treehouse while fixing my things for my four months departure.

I got my luggage ready. My clothes, needed essential things and the papers given to me by the elder nymphs to enroll myself in the Nifniths. It is a school for all kinds of nymphs that weeks ago, I got no interest with, however because of some changes, I am now packing my things to go there.