Chapter 1

Me, Carl, and all my family were having dinner at our round table in the kitchen. I'm 12 years old, I have a sister, Shelly, 4 years old, my brother, Mark has 6 years old, then, my mother and father. I'm the bigger son, so, I have to take care of Mark and Shelly when mother and father stayed out at night for work. At the end of the dinner, father had to return to work because he works in a restaurant, in fact, we always have dinner and lunch very early. Before dad went away, Shelly walked to him and did a little jump, like little kids usually do, and whispered: "goodbye daddy" "bye Shelly" dad replied with a kind voice. Mark was running instead, and gave hid a big hug. I had to shout goodbye to him from my room upstairs because I still had to finish homework. Dad said goodbye to mother and went out. It was 7:00. Mark then went in my room to play with his little cars, because we unfortunately share the room, and Shelly went in her room, I don't know what she was doing. Mark was doing so much noise and I couldn't concentrate! "Go and play in the kitchen, PLEASE!" I screamed. "Ok, ok" said Mark. He slammed the door and went downstairs. I could hear his loud steps going to the living room. I started to study again. After ten minutes he heard a door slam "can you please let me finish!" I screamed. "Mother just had a call and she has to go to the hospital!" (Mom does the doctor) it was Mark that just entered into my room. "Is she already gone?" I asked "yes" replied Mark.