Chapter 10

As I came to the hospital, the doctors analyzed me, and said that they had to cut my leg, and that I would have to live the rest of my life walking with crutches. I was still unhappy for Shelly. She could of done great things when she grew up. When I was thinking about all this, the doctors were talking, and I didn't listen, so I didn't have any idea of what they told me, if it was important or not. I was focused only when they told me that I had to sleep in the hospital. It was night now, and the doctors closed the door, switched off the lights, and went away. I looked around on my bed. Some of the walls were fallen down, and in the room it was all a mess. There were broken cases on the floor, some strange powder and liquids all over the place. There were also many broken beds in on angle, and there were holes in the floor, and there was one right beside my bed. I looked in it. There was a man lying on a bed, he was sleeping, and he had many cuts on his face. That man looked too familiar, way too much. I looked carefully at his face, but I didn't recognize him, with all the cuts and bruises all over his face. I covered with the blankets till the top of my nose. It was very cold, because the windows were broken. Before going to sleep, I thought of that mans' face, that familiar face. The next day, the doctors woke me up early, I didn't know why. "So, are you ready for the operation, did you understand everything that we explained you yesterday?" One of them asked me. "Yes-" "well! So, now we can start!" He didn't even let me finish the sentence, but, I was calm. I didn't know what operation they had to do to me. Another doctor was searching for the right instruments to do that operation in a drawer, and all of a sudden, the door opened quickly, making a squeaky sound. As soon as I saw that face at the door, happiness covered all my other emotions. "Mother! Mark!" I shouted. They ran to me, and mother hugged me tight. "I'm so glad you are okay!" I told her. Mark tried to squeeze in the hug, but soon, he realized that there wasn't Evan a little space between me and mother. "These doctors told me everything about your operation, and, about Shelly." I could see that she was trying to keep her tears from falling. "It is going to be okay, at least, you will live without the pain in your leg." I forgot about my leg! It was hurting, but it just didn't come in my mind that the operation was for that, to cut my leg off. "Could I see it please?" I took the blanket off slowly, and as soon as mother saw it, she made a disgusted face. "Oh my gosh! Poor you! I'm so sorry! Does it hurt right now?" "Yup." I said. "You can never imagine! Father is here too! I came to visit him before you, he has cuts all over him, cause he was buried under a fallen building, but the ambulance helped him before he didn't have anymore air in his lungs." I couldn't believe it! Father was alive! I was so happy that my breath went away! "Sorry to interrupt, but we really have to start this operation now, and you really need to go out." A doctor said to my mother. She went to the door, and winked to me. She then went outside. Another doctor had a syringe in his hands. he took my arm, and injected the syringe in it. The second after, I saw all black.

When I opened my eyes, I didn't feel the pain anymore, and I saw three faces looking at me. I focused the image, and saw that there were Mark, father and mother staring at me. "Hi" I said. "Are you feeling okay?" Father asked me. "Hi father! I'm so happy you aren't dead! Yes, I'm feeling well right now, I don't have pain anymore." I told him. He still had many cuts on his body. I looked under my blankets. I couldn't believe it! I was without a leg! It felt strange. The doctors told us that we could go back home, and One of them handed me the crutches. It was difficult to walk with them, but I knew that I would know how to use them well in a bit of time. We all went home, and the house wasn't messy as i thought it would be. Mother had put everything in order, except for some parts of the wall and ceiling that fell. We all sat down at our table, and we were glad that the earthquake stopped. We laughed and talked all the time, and we knew Shelly would always be there with us, even if she wasn't alive. We were a happy family now, and we will always remain a happy family.