Ch 1: Our lives

A car was moving alone on a highway amidst a forest in eerie silence. The only source of sound there was the car and a young couple talking. The woman had a little sweet baby girl in her arms who sound asleep as it was late in the night and the baby was only 5 months old... Suddenly a sharp green coloured light blinded the man driving and..... CRASH!!

"Papa!!" Ananta jolted up from her sleep due to the familiar nightmare. She was covered in sweat and was breathing heavily. Though she had never seen her parents as they died when she was just a baby and if not for pictures, she wouldn't even know how they looked.

When she felt her throat dried up and glass of water empty , she went to the kitchen to fetch some water. On the way , she saw the lights of her cousin brother, Dev's room turned on ... It was strange as the the time was 3 in the morning. Well, strange was like middle name for Dev, he rarely left him room after Ananta's bua and fufa ji (aunt & uncle) uncanny demise. No one knew how they died but she once heard the grown ups talking about it like how he was responsible for their death , but at that moment Ananta couldn't care less.

She rushed to the kitchen and not to her very surprise she found her little munchkin, Rishab, sneaking chocolates from fridge. Ananta tiptoed near him and held his ears in a playful manner. Rishab was startled and immediately dropped the chocolate, shut his eyes closed and hands raised in surrender. Ananta chuckled at his kiddish behaviour.

"So am I interrupting something" Ananta asked stifling her laughter, hearing her didi's voice Rishab let out a breath he didn't knew he was holding and made the most innocent face possible "let me go this time please" he said in a babyish voice and Ananta broke out laughing.

Their sweet time soon came to an abrupt end when they heard the sound of throat clearing which startled them, Ananta immediately shut her eyes thinking all the negative outcomes if her chachi or dadi caught her, all those lectures from her chachi and taunts from dadi made her really upset but when she didn't hear any scolding, she sneaked a peek only to find her dear chachu, her knight in shining armour standing there smiling warmly. After that little stunt they returned to their rooms immediately fearing if somebody else might show up.

In morning

Ananta groaned when her alarm rang disturbing her sleep but she snoozed it and went back to her dreamland.

After sometime again her peaceful slumber was disturbed but the alarm wasn't the culprit this time , it was her dear Chachi.

"This girl has grown up so much but still hasn't learnt even the slightest of feminine qualities. It's only because of  my overly lovely and soft behaviour....."
She rambled on and on but Ananta knew how much of love has she received. It wasn't that she despised her aunt but her stupid ideology pissed her off.

Nevertheless, she got up for another day.....

Ananta was in the kitchen, which according to her not so dear Chachi is the ultimate abode of a woman. She was helping in the preparation of breakfast.

After everything thing was settled down on the table she called everyone. Her Rishu rushed straight to the table making everyone chuckle at his behaviour...

"Ohh my dear lovely son... You would be so hungry... Look I made all your favourite....." Ananta's chachi talked ever so sweetly with Rishab.

Ananta often wondered what it would be like to have her own mother, who would pamper her just like her chachi did to her brother. Her own father who would spoil her and would be her hero ... Not that she was complaining about her chachu, he was the best she could ever have but still this thought always remained at the back of her head....

Her trance was broken when rishabh tugged at her hand asking her to sit down. She immediately shrugged her thoughts away and joined everyone.

Before she could eat the first bite, her chachi exclaimed "oh no I forgot to give Dev's breakfast... How much work should I do alone... My poor self!
But now I am feeding Rishu... Ananta! Go give Dev his breakfast"

Ananta breath hitched... No not that she had a crush on her cousin or something.... She was weirdly scared of him... He is the most mysterious man you'll ever meet... Earlier he was Ananta's bestie but now they are like strangers living in the same house

Nonetheless she didn't had any other option than to comply with the given orders... So she walked slowly towards the room and knocked hoping that he wouldn't open but unfortunately he did and when he looked at her... His face flashed a weird emotions but she was never good at reading faces.

"What do you want?" he asked masking up and Ananta stared at him blankly... Okay not gonna lie she did had a teeny tiny crush on him... But isn't that obvious.. he was so handsome and good looking it was quite hard to resist

Again her thoughts were distributed by him snapping his fingers infront of her... Realising how embarrassing the moment was... She mumbled a small "breakfast" and pushed the plate in his hand and literally ran away leaving a glaring Dev behind.

Returning to the drawing room she saw the time and realised she was going to be late for college... She immediately picked her bag , wore her shoes and shouted a loud bye for everyone and ran to the bus stop... In this way another ordinary day begun in Ananta' life which was going to change her entire life for.....

-----------------------------------------------------------
Holla lovelies!
Welcome to the first chapter of Anantavtara ... I know it's a bit boring but hope you all like it ...
The real fun begins from the next chapter so buckle up for the ride

Till then love you all... See you soon
Don't forget to
✨ Like
✨ Comment
✨Share

See you all next time
Bye !❤️