Ch 3: Princess

Ananta's thoughts had lately been consumed by her sudden unconsciousness and those eyes. For her those eyes were vaguely familiar as if those eyes can easily see through her. As much as she wishes to lose herself in those beautiful orbs, they felt suffocating, she felt like a moth which was getting attracted to a fire even though the heat is hurting it. All these these warp and weft of thoughts took her to another world and her trance broke as soon as the pages of her open maths book fluttered due to wind, giving her a paper cut.

"Ouch" she exclaimed examining the cut and went to close the window of her room. It was dark outside and the faint light in the garden was due to streetlights shining at a distance. Standing near the sill she looked outside, the cold January air hitting her face felt good and she closed her eyes.

The first thing that flashed before them was those green eyes, again making her uncomfortable. She hastily opened her eyes and took a deep breath.

While looking outside, something shining in the bushes caught Ananta's attention. It was like a star, without even sparing a thought Ananta ran outside to see what it was.

Upon reaching the main door, Ananta unbolted it only to find a snake hissing at her, Ananta's biggest fear.

She immediately slammed the door and yelled at the top of her lungs
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!"

This broke everyone's sleep and they came rushing down to the hall.

"What happened? Are you okay beta" Avatar asked being concerned about his niece.

"Sna... Sna...suu....sa....sn....ssss...."
Ananta rambled on being too scared to even utter the reptile's name.

"Papa, I guess didi wants to go to the bathroom" Rishab said rubbing his eyes.

"Shut up" Avatar said, making the boy frown

"Why are you shouting at my baby, ji. It's not his fault that this girl is so wierd, Aww my poor darling" Chandani said while trying to hug her son but the little boy was offended at the statement.

"Mummy! Don't call my didi wierd."
And ran to hug his trembling sister.

Before Chandani could further insult Ananta, Avatar asked her to bring a glass of water and she went away mumbling. After a while when Ananta calmed down she informed everyone about the snake she saw but when Avtar checked it was not there.

"Look honey, there is nothing. I think you are quite tired now go sleep, you even have to go to college tomorrow. And if you woke up late, you Chachi will start with her self pity novel again"
Avatar said whispering the last part making Ananta giggle.

Before they could go back to their room , an old but firm voice spoke
"First, ask her what she was doing at the main door so late at night"
It was the voice of Shanti Singh, Ananta's grandmother.

"Dadi, actually... "
Ananta drawled being scared of her grandmother's taunts.

" I know everything, may be her lover is at the door whom she came to meet at night. When everyone woke up she made this snake story up so that she can fool everyone. I always knew this girl has a bad character just like her mother, she is after innocent boys trying to trap them. Just like her mother trapped my son, Vishesh. I am telling you girl, don't you dare tarnish my family name or else ......."

"Enough mom! Ananta is a kid,and please don't get started so at this time, and bhabhi was an ideal woman so please don't insult her. And I trust my Anu completely that she won't hide anything from her chachu, let alone doing something wrong" Avatar said defending her.

"Great now my only alive child is against me, great" Shanti said being disappointed.

"Ananta go to your room and mom you too"Avatar said in a no nonsense tone.