Chapter 15: Boyfriend

Having spent the day with Chan in his studio, Felix felt like running by the patisserie before heading home just to check in to make sure they weren't in need of extra help... Perhaps pick up a chocolate eclair or two. The typical evening rush had slowed, the tables filled with young customers just having left school or work. Jisung seemed his usual level of alert but not too frazzled, Felix thankful to see he was handling himself well.

The quokka smiled upon seeing his favorite coworker. "It was so bad you had to come to work on your day off?" he joked. Felix chuckled, shaking his head. "It was wonderful. You guys holding up well, I see." Jisung nodded, looking around the patisserie. "It wasn't too busy, today," he said. Felix always found him so cute, a full face with the plushest cheeks imaginable. He enjoyed occasionally reaching out to poke them.

"Oh!" Jisung pulled his phone out of his pocket. "What are you doing in 2 nights?" Felix thought for a moment before shrugging. "No plans," he said, Jisung turning his phone to a digital flyer. "I signed up for this open mic night, last night. Want to come?" Felix looked over the ad, another underground location, it seemed. He smiled, nodding his head, always happy to support the rapper. Jisung was often nervous, but he performed better when his friends were there to cheer him on. "Text this to me," Felix said, pulling out his phone. Jisung smiled wider, sending it immediately, but Felix had another notification pop up from Chan.

"Hey, are you free in 2 days? There's something cool I thought you might like to go to after work."

The freckled boy pursed his lips. He wasn't turned off by the idea of hanging out with Chan again, but he wasn't about to dessert his closest friend in Korea for him. "Sorry, no can do," he said under his breath as he responded, politely declining. He saved the photo Jisung sent and ordered his pastries before heading home. His phone buzzed, Chan taking the rejection well. Felix wasn't sure how to reply, trying to think of another time he may be available to spend more time with the fellow Aussie, but as he thought, he noticed a familiar couple walking inside an expensive, trendy restaurant.

Hyunjin wound up too busy to meet Jeongin for lunch, that day, opting to take the younger man out to dinner, instead. He jokingly promised jjajangmyeon to celebrate Jeongin's first time. They were seated in a private, VIP booth, Hyunjin's favorite way to enjoy a meal. "Sorry it took me so long, today, Baby Bre--... Innie," he said, smiling awkwardly. "I didn't realize how long the day would take me." Jeongin smiled back, nodding empathetically, trying to hide his initial disappointment. He couldn't be mad when the idol was making up for it so well. They placed their orders, exchanging glances as they waited for their meal. "You look really nice," Hyunjin said, reaching out to take the younger man's hand. Jeongin's heart raced, taking the idol's hand. "Thank you, hyung... Hyunjinnie," he said, smiling involuntarily. "...Can... I ask you something?" Hyunjin gave Jeongin his full attention, the younger man struggling to say what he wanted to say. "What... I mean... are we... well, what are we, exactly?" Hyunjin tilted his head to the side, thinking for a moment. "You mean what kind of relationship we have, now?" Jeongin laughed, nervously, nodding, unable to look Hyunjin in the eye. Hyunjin pulled back his hand, rubbing the tops of his thighs. "Well... I was under the impression you weren't just asking me for sex." He leaned over the table, looking up into Jeongin's eyes. "Am I wrong?" Jeongin met the idol's inquisitive gaze, opening his mouth, doing his best not to stutter. "I... I mean... does that make us... am I your..."

"Just say 'boyfriend,'" Hyunjin said, supportively. "We're dating now, so... you may refer to me as your boyfriend." Jeongin sat up, surprised to hear the word come out of Hyunjin's mouth. He liked it, very much, in fact, but he'd never expected to hear the idol call him that. Hyunjin was thought to be a bit of a player, always flirtatious but never being tied down in a relationship. The fox-faced man nodded, a sincere smile forming on his face. He reached over the table again, taking Hyunjin's hand. "Then I'm relieved," he said, running his thumb over the other man's flesh. Hyunjin smiled back, holding eye contact. "You can spend the night with me, then. My place, this time."