[Chapter 1] - Into a Nightmare Once Again

(POV - Y/N)

"AWAY! AWA-!"

Red blood splattered across the cold cobblestone pavement as I retracted my weapon, cutting off the fearful yet maniacal cries of a madman lost to himself and the blood itself.

My Saw Cleaver clicked back to its original form as the red viscous liquid slowly dripped down from the rusting blade and I let out a sigh of exhaustion while tugging the mask on my face.

Beneath me laid several rotting corpses of former Hunters like me, but now turned and driven mad into beasts and monsters alike which I eviscerated them with no remorse.

Well, I've lost all traces of remorse the moment I woke up in this place.

I then bent down to loot all the bodies of its Blood Vials and Quicksilver Bullets which at this point of time and place, your life itself depends on these resources, I'd be dead without it.

My head then turned as I heard another howl in the distance yet closing in rapidly towards me, I looked to see a Scourge Beast charging with its jaws agape, but instead of being scared.

I was impassive as I raised my Hunter Pistol and waited.

The beast got closer before leaping at me, yet I still waited and waited until I found the right opportunity, the right timing and window for my shot to connect.

Its jaws got closer and closer to my face, before I finally pulled the trigger.

A gunshot rang through the air and the bullet was fired straight into the beast, puncturing its hide with ease and allowing blood to spill out and make it stagger in a daze.

Swiftly and without pause, I plunged my hand into the beast, feeling my fist enclose around its innards before I ripped my hand out, allowing blood to spray onto me and the ground.

One hit if you exclude the bullet, I was able to kill a Scourge Beast as easily as breathing when in the past, it would have taken me a full minute yet this only took three seconds.

I'd say it's a textbook definition of "progress".

However, this pathetic excuse of a beast was not important anymore, none of them mattered and I got more important places to be, something I'm aware as I emotionlessly gazed at the sky.

The crimson moon shone high above and forevermore, I allowed the foreign winds and sounds to surround me as it morbidly reminds me where I am and what situation I'm in.

Without seeing, I spun around and cleaved the head off another deranged hunter from his head, allowing blood to splatter all over my clothes, staining it even more than before. 

Normally, I would have cared but now, hygiene is just a second thought in this place. Despite my body practically smelling like excrement, blood and sweat mingled together, it didn't matter as all of Yharnam smelt the same.

All the carnage around me was never-ending, never changing.

Surrounding me were buildings with medieval gothic appearances, castles, towns, streets and houses were all in similar style, but what was more prominent is the fact that there's several gigantic organisms attached to the side of the buildings like insects.

Insects doesn't even sound right to describe these things, they did not have a real special name to them but their presence itself was enough to earn the fanatical title of "Great One".

With seven arms and a bulbous head that pulsated with its eyes and brain exposed, I walked past the cluster of beings known as Amygdala without any care as they simply ignored me.