[Chapter 2] - Nightmare Cometh

(POV - 3RD)

Theresa all but walked into the infirmary as she slammed the doors open with force enough to rattle the hinges, she quickly made her way to the bed where her Captain laid comatose.

"What do you mean his vitals are dropping?!" She demanded as she saw doctors and nurses surrounding the bed.

"It's shown here on the graphs, ma'am." A nurse said before she stepped aside to let a doctor examine the comatose Captain.

"There's a cessation in both breathing and pulses, could be a clinical death! Keep them active, I'll bring the equipment!"

There more frantic footsteps as the nurses and doctors did what they can to keep Y/N alive, not realizing his eyes were already open if only by a tiny gap.

With his already shutting down mind, he could only think that this was one of the very few times he'd seen Theresa behaving so uncharacteristically.

Instead of the smug little principal who often shirked her duties by reading manga and drinking bitter melon juice, the panic and desperation in her voice struck something in his mind.

Oh, how he wish he could wake up now and comfort her, comfort the Valkyries who he did not know care for him much more than he expected.

Yet, his fate was never that simple and he could only silently curse as his eyes slowly dropped down. Another nap doesn't sound too bad...

Y/N closed his eyes and shut out whatever commotion was happening in the Hyperion's infirmary, unaware of the pleas and cries for him to stay awake.

Unaware of the shining red moonlight from the pale night sky.

=======================================

Somewhere in the darkest shadows of the world and within a room with little to no light save for the blood red moonlight that shone through the window.

The Gray Serpent slowly opened his eyes and looked to the giant moon.

"A blood moon... the paleblood sky..."

He muttered as he got up from his throne and walked to the window, as if entranced by the crimson cosmic sight, reminiscing about the past that seldom comes to his mind.

"...Have you also survived, Y/N?"

The Gray Serpent whispered as the moon seemingly shone brighter, basking the snow-white haired man in its glow as he began to remember memories locked deep within him.

Memories within him that was his pain and his joy to the distant past.

He could still remembers it, the smell of blood and flames, death and despair that reeked across the battlefields of which he traversed on in his duty to destroy the Honkai.

=======================================

A crash resonated through the area as a figure was seen rolling on the ground before slamming his weapon into the ground to stop himself from tumbling further.

"Damn Herrscher..!" The masked man growled as flames licked around his body.

"Can you still fight?" An impassive voice questioned as the same snow-white haired man jump down with a flaming greatsword.

"I ain't dying until this shithead does!" The masked man answered before he charged alongside his partner and towards the Herrscher.

"Damned insects, just fall and die already!" The Herrscher screamed as it sent a torrent of gale towards the humans.