Chapter 28

2 days after the spa trip thing. So 3 days before the end of last chapter. Ron is back in the UK.

Hermin

Yet another letter arrived. I opened it and found yet another package of teddy bears with a letter rather badly painted on each, in a different colour.

I placed it with the rest and decided that I would write all the letters down, see if I could work this out. It turned out they had a number on the back, too, so I put them all in a massive pile on my bed.

? niaga em ta gnikloo redisnoc uoy dlouc tub, ssenevihrof evresed t'notd I wonk I. ma I yrros woh ebircsed t'nac sdrow dna, evol ni toidi nd m'I, regnarG enoimerH

What?

I tried rearranging the letters, but it wasn't working, until I realised how obvious it was: all the words were backwards.

Hermione Granger, I'm an idiot in love, and words can't describe how sorry I am. I know I don't deserve forgiveness, but could you consider looking at me again?

Idiot indeed.

Cute, loveable, adorable idiot, but an idiot just the same.

Make that hot idiot.

But still... Maybe I overreacted. I mean, he did spend all his wages on that ring... And he did try to apologise pretty much immediately afterwards. Also, he did-

Stop making excuses for him, I told myself, he blew it ages ago. He lit the fuse months ago, it simply took a while to reach the bomb.

But then, look at this; a teddy bear apology. That is both creative and sweet. And Ron wouldn't normally do that. Maybe it was me who held the puzzle piece that completed our relationship. I didn't do much to help with it.

Because you tried, but what was there for you to help with? Nothing. You tried. But there was nothing to do. He ruined it. Not you. Him.

I sighed to myself, and tried to think for a moment. I could hive him a chance. Just one more.

Every chance is the last one.