C H A P T E R S I X T Y-N I N E

Miguel was up first with his match and of course, he won easily

Nicole sighed and hopped back and forth, shaking out her hands.

"Are you okay?" Eli asked.

"Yeah, I'm okay." Nicole lied.

Tory and Devon fought next and of course, Tory was doing far better.

Though, Devon was putting up a spectacular fight.

Tory then got Deven toward the black part of the mat and scored a point.

"Come on, ref, she was out of bounds, where are your eyes?" Johnny called.

Terry Silver looked over at him and just shrugged. Nicole rolled her eyes. Though she wanted Miyagi-Do to win, Devon was a good fighter and she'd rather Eagle-Fang win over Cobra Kai. That was the whole goal. To beat Cobra Kai.

Nicole's nerves were even higher after Tory beat Devon. That means Nicole would eventually have to face Tory if she won her next match. And that would also mean Tory got even closer to winning the championship.

"And with that, Eagle-Fang's hopes of winning Girls All Valley Champ have gone up in smoke."

Nicole continued shaking out her hands even more. Eli kept looking over and grabbed her hand in comfort.

Everything in her brain stopped and she looked up at him.

"Why?" Nicole looked up at him.

"Why what?" Hawk asked.

"I shut you out and you're still being nice to me. Why?" Nicole clarified.

"Because no matter what, you're still my sunflower."

Nicole swallowed and looked back at the mat.

After the short break, Demetri was next up.

He was actually doing pretty well and Nicole was proud of him. He had come a long way since the All Valley the year before.

"Point. Winner!"

The ref raised Demetri's arms and Eli let go of Nicole's hand to clap.

"Yeah, Demetri!" Eli cheered.

"Whooo, Demetri! That's my boyfriend and he is incredibly hot!" Courtney cheered in the crowd.

Nicole laughed at her best friend and shook her head.

Demetri blew her a kiss, then walked back over and Nicole pulled him in for a hug, squeezing tight.

"Uh, Nicole, what is this for?" Demetri asked.

"I'm so proud of you, Demetri. You're so amazing."

Demetri smiled and hugged her back.

"You know, I don't think I've told you this enough, but I love you too."