The Calm Before the Storm

4th of July in 1797

"Philip!"

"Yes Susan?"

"I made you something."

"Oh, what is it?"

"Silly Philip, you have to close your eyes first!"

      The 15 year old closed his eyes & held out his hands. The 6 year old than let out an innocent giggle. She than crept away before coming back with something in her hand. She got a chair & stood up on it before putting something on top of her brother's curls. The little girl got down from the chair & smiled proudly at her work.

"You can open your eyes now!"

      The young boy opened his eyes & than blinked. He knew that she had put something on his hair but he didn't know what. He than grabbed the thing gently before smiling adorably when his eyes had set on the object. It was a flower crown that had daisies, tulips, lilacs, bleeding hearts & carnations. He gazed softly at his younger sister with nothing but love & family affection.

"It's beautiful Susan, did you make this?"

Susan nodded her head. "All by myself!"

"I'm so proud of you." He said with gentle pride.

She than clapped in delight before reaching towards him. "Uppy please!"

       Philip lifted his sister upon her request with great care. He than twirled her around into the air, allowing the room to be filled with laughter. Maria silently watched the ordeal with a soft twinkle in her eyes. As James wasn't in the house, all was well in the world. Unknown to them all, this was only the calm before the storm.
______________________________________
This is 320 words. I'm sorry for not updating this for a while but I've been really busy. I'm going to try & update 2 books after a video has been uploaded  on YouTube. The books that I update is really random so it might take a while for the next chapter to be published. Anyway, thanks you all for reading & stay safe!