Less moping, more grinding!

Santana had given herself a couple of days to settle in and unpack whilst adjusting to the fast paced city that is New York. She was used to quiet, boring Lima Ohio.

Today she was going to the singing school that was looking for a new singing teacher to hire, as she had an interview for it. She got dressed into black heels and a black skin tight dress, curled her hair and headed out the door. As she arrived at the front desk, she was greeted by a young girl, Santana assumed in her early 20's, named Ella.

"Hi, my name is Santana Lopez, I'm here for an interview with Harper Tores at 1pm". The young girl smiled at Santana, probably a little too long. She shook herself out of her trance. "Right, yes, Santana...you're all booked in. Walk down the hall and take your first left and go in. Good luck!". Santana thanked her and followed her instructions.

As she walked in, she was met by Harper who sat her down and made sure the atmosphere was calm and welcoming. "Hi, I'm Harper, it's nice to meet you. Santana, right?" she asked. "Hi, yes I'm Santana. This studio is great!" she replied. "Thank you, it's my pride and joy. But as you know there is a job opportunity for a second singing teacher as the demand for this school is so high now I can't do it by myself. There is a second studio room just down the hall which will be yours if you get the job! So, let's get to it, tell me about yourself and why you want to work here" said Harper.

Santana twiddled her thumbs under the table nervously. She took a subtle deep breath. "So I'm 20 years old. I just graduated high school in Ohio but moved here with a friend as there are so many more opportunities here. I was in a glee club in school that won multiple trophies at nationals, regional championships etc. I want to sing. That's all I want to do in my life. I want to sing and inspire people and make something of my life. I heard about this job and I just knew it was the right path for me. I've left my whole life behind to make my dream come true so I'm just hoping it works out!" she said.

Harper definitely looked impressed. "That's quite the jump, Santana. That's brave, but I like it. It shows you've got drive and motivation. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?" she asked. Santana sat and thought about it for a second. "To me it doesn't matter where I am, as long as I'm singing and as long as I'm happy. Obviously I'd like to be financially stable and enjoying my life but as long as I'm singing, that's good enough for me" Santana replied.

"Great answer. So obviously for this job I need to make sure you can actually sing. Would you be okay with showing me a snippet of something? I'll need to record it so I can look back through it amongst other interviews I've had today for this role and make a fair decision" Harper asked. Santana smirked, "absolutely" she said confidently.

She stood up on the platform, plugged her phone into the studio speakers and grabbed the microphone.

"She's just a girl and she's on fire,
Hotter than a fantasy, lonely like a highway,
She's living in a world and it's on fire..."

Once Santana finished the song, she could tell Harper was very impressed. She didn't need to say anything to confirm it. "That'll be all, thank you Santana, I'll be in touch shortly" she said as she held open the door. "Thank you! Speak soon" replied Santana.

When Santana got home she saw she had 2 missed calls from Brittany, so she rang her back.

Santana: "Hey Britt, sorry I didn't reply I was at an interview for that singing school"
Brittany: "Oh, that's okay, you didn't tell me that was today"
Santana: "Sorry, I feel like the last day or two has been a blur"
Brittany: "Thats true. How did it go?"
Santana: "I think it went well, but it was hard to tell so I guess I just wait and see now. Are you okay? What did you get up to today?"
Brittany: "I'm sure you did great, no one turns down Miss Santana Lopez. I went to the movies with Quinn, just having a chill day today before my first day at McKinley tomorrow"
Santana: "Oh right! I forgot that's tomorrow. I'm so proud of you. Tell me how it goes okay? I'm going to go out for some drinks tonight so I need to start getting ready. I love you and miss you Britt"
Brittany: "Okay well have fun. I miss and love you too. So much. Bye babe"
Santana: "Bye Britt"

Santana hung up the phone and started getting ready for her night out with Mercedes, Sam, Finn and some of their friends.