🌸𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙 33🌸

A/n:

And now we enter the "Relived Memories arc" that I have created. Enjoy!

       ✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

Tw: abuse

"Y/n! Slow down!" Tanjiro yelled from behind. She then paused as she panted.

"Hey, are you alright? I've been picking up an angry and nervous scent from you ever since we reached the village." Tanjiro asked in concern. 

"Scent...?" Y/n mumbled out. Tanjiro nodded as he pointed to his nose. "I've got a keen sense of smell. So I could tell your emotions," 

The h/c-haired girl's eyes widened. 'No, I can't let him know,' she thought as she averted her gaze.

Tanjiro furrowed his eyebrows as he took both of her hands into his. "You can tell me anything," He said with a warm smile.

"I-i'll tell you after this mission..." Y/n stuttered as she blushed. He nodded as he smiled.

"Let's continue with the mission then," He said as he let go of one of her hands and ran with her down the streets.

"It's already nighttime," Y/n remarked as she glanced at the sky. Tanjiro hummed as he looked around.

"There!" Y/n yelled when she spotted a run-down house. They then ran towards it cautiously. 

They then reached the house and inspected it. 'That garden...' 

'Screams and yells were heard from children in the garden as a man hit them with a bamboo stick.

"I'll come later. You better not move you brats," The man shouted as he walked out of the garden, kicking a boy that was blocking his way.

"Onii-chan...?" a young Y/n called out weakly as she struggled to move.

She then stood up wobbly and walked over to her brother, who was lying on the ground, not moving. "Hey, Onii-chan," Y/n whispered as she shook her brother.

"I'm so sorry, Y/n. Please live for me..." Her brother whispered out before going silent. "Onii-chan..." she whispered as she hugged her brother's lifeless body.'

Y/n furrowed her eyebrows at the memory. "Let's split up, it'll be easier to find the demon that way," Tanjiro suggested.

Y/n nodded as she let go of his hand and ran over to another side of the house.

"It's empty..." Y/n muttered as she looked around. "Wait.." She then noticed a boy not older than six lying on the ground.

A memory of her lying on the ground, in the same way, flashed through her mind. 

"Hey! Are you alright?" Y/n yelled as she ran over and kneeled down.

"Hey..." her voice trailed off as she check the boy's pulse. "Thank goodness," she mumbled out as she felt a pulse.

"Y/n! Are you alright?! I heard you yell," Tanjiro called out as he ran towards her and knelt down next to her.

Y/n nodded as she stared at the boy. "Poor thing..." She heard Tanjiro say as he stared at the boy with sympathy.

"Who... are you...?" The both of them heard a faint voice. "We are here to help you," Tanjiro said with a closed-eyed smile.

The boy then smiled weakly as he got up, being supported by the two demon slayers.