Workshop

(I've been working on Survival recently as explained in A/N: Update

(I've been working on Survival recently as explained in A/N: Update. The upload schedule may switch from one week per chapter to 2 weeks per chapter. As per usual I'll link the art to where I found it.)

// 5:50 pm, Somewhere in Lungmen, Penguin Logistics safehouse, Workshop //

This room is messy.

The rain poured heavily outside, each drop forming a distinct rhythm that came together to produce a heartwarming chorus. Sure, the 'splat' sound is really addicting. What's not addicting is getting your coat wet every single time there's rain.

Now people may say 'Just get an umbrella'. 

You know, I think it isn't late to do just exactly that. Don't have anything to refute those wise words. Can't be standing under cover for the entire day.

Ring ring.

I pulled out my phone from my pockets. It was Texas. What business does she have with me right now? More pocky? My thumb pressed onto the circle in the middle flicking it to the right. 

"What do you need Texas?"

"Nothing much. You've finished up today's work right?"

"Hahaha... Please don't get me started on the weird things that happened today. A dog nearly bit me while I was delivering dog food, the Siracusan Mafia mistook me for a Lungmen gang member and nearly killed me. There's way too much to cover."

"At least you're still alive. Exusiai and Croissant are in a safehouse resting right now. Do you know where Sora is?"

"She has a concert to do, don't you remember? I just went there. Fans were all over the place."

"Oh. Anyways, I'll send you the coordinates to the safehouse now." 

"Who are you talking to?" Exusiai spoke from the background. She wasn't munching anything making a mess. That's a relief. Texas presumably turned her head from the phone for a while to respond to the loving angel, "Him."

A chair made creaking noises as Exusiai snatched the phone from the Lupo. "Are you on the streets right now?"

"Uh-huh. It's raining hard outside right now. What's the urgent matter for you to dart off from a chair?"

"Remember to buy me some apple pie!"

"I thought you had the ingredients to bake them. You bought them the last time the crew went shopping for daily needs." I scoffed at the 'daily needs' part. Not like they have anything in particular to buy. Well, except for the apple pie ingredients, food, drinks and pocky. How long did it take to get Croissant out of the gears shop again?

"Well, they aren't here. I stuffed it all back into The Ends of the Earth. Plus there aren't any kitchen equipment here. It's a safe house that the boss recently just purchased."