Episode 13: Smile with me

•••••••••
N/A
•••••••••

The entire month on it's own has been uneventful for the girls as Natsuki's actions against Alpha team led to tighter restrictions on the survivors.

Although they are as equally to blame for having such 'Easy to escape' security as stated by Monika. But they did not care about being able to roam around or not.

It was the worry for Michael and what he's planning to do that left them restless.

All they knew was that he plans an assault against Nexus but where and when was out of their knowledge... But a secret remained that Natsuki had yet to share with them out of fear or disbelief.

But after a while the girls had all come together and had a rather important talk with each other and that alone has been a heavy thought in their minds for a while.

••••••••••
Sayori
••••••••••

Since we've been completely cut off the surface by Ascension the girls and I have had nothing to do but stay here and feel as if we're grounded.

Days and nights go by of me missing Michael more and more and I don't know what to do about it. He would have at least considered visiting us himself at some point but he hasn't... something has been going on ever since that monster attacked.

Natsuki doesn't want to tell us what she did that day and why she attacked Azazel like that.

But whatever it was has really done something to her. She doesn't even talk to us unless directly spoken to and the girls and I have tried to break through to her but nothing seems to click.

A few good weeks have gone by since that day and I've had nothing but frustration built up inside me ever since...

And so I released it in other ways...
Whenever I get the time to be alone in my room...I train myself. For what? I don't know...

All the girls are more skilled than me and always try to protect me when I'm supposed to be helping them...I have to keep them happy and if I can't even help myself then...

"Ugh...."

This makeshift punching bag made out of a mattress and a thick blanket is somehow giving me a hard time...

I've been at this thing for about an hour and all I can still do is just make it swing.

"Hhaa...ow.."

I stare down at my hands. My knuckles are red at this point..these will be hard to hide..

"If only I could go to the playground.."

I sigh and quickly pull the punching bag down from it's hanging position and dump it onto my bed.

I make my way over to the first aid kit hung up on the wall next to the door but as I walk past the bathroom door I caught a glimpse of myself on the mirror above the sink...

I turned to it completely but still standing out in the room. It gave me a clear view of my upper body and as I lift up my gray tank top just below my chest.

I pout at the sight of seeing nothing new and poke at my stomach.

"Oh..!"

I don't see any changes but it feels...hard I guess..but aside by physical being...

I look back at the mirror...I look at.. myself...

I'm nothing like what I used to be..none of us are. I've looked at myself many times before and yet I don't see myself...I avert my gaze and look down.