Episode 21: Final Trumpet

••••••••••
N/A
••••••••••

Three weeks later....

"How do the streets look 0-2?"

"It looks like the thriller music video down there. What are we looking for exactly?"

Monika and Natsuki were tasked on their first ever mission alone, weeks after their training had began.

"It's a simple class 2; A creature swollen with toxic gasses and a hefty body that can cause an explosion strong enough to kill a family of 6."

Monika said as she sat there in an empty tailor shop, completely hidden and waiting for Natsuki to give her a signal.

On the roof of a building a few blocks away Natsuki stood there and scanned the area through the scope of a sniper.

"Yup...I see it, the big guys' chewing on a fire hydrant on the sidewalk. He's infront of a restaurant called gin-soy."

"Roger, think you can clear out a few of the rest before I move in?"

"I can clean up half of them and distract the rest but that won't do much for a long time. Why the hell do we need a sample of that thing?"

"Your primary mission was to just kill a low class but Hara said we needed a sample of this one in specific....and please- try to speak more professionally."

"Oh come on! What? Do we get extra good girl points for speaking code Monika?"

"I'm not authorized to answer your questions, my alias is 0-1, hmhm~"

"Ugh...shut up and wait for my go..."

"Waiting on you."

Natsuki groaned then returned to her scope.

She looked around the streets half packed with the wandering dead. She saw an overturned local bus which was the main source of where these creatures had initially come out of.

"Hmm..."

The zombie in question was a total of five feet away from the horde itself with the exception of a few roaming near it.

Natsuki looked around herself and found an empty bean can which she then tossed way further ahead of where the class 2 was.

Upon hitting the floor the few walkers along with their target are easily attracted from the sound and move away from the horde.

"Alright, he's moving a full block ahead, if you take the street you're on you can catching him through an alley. But be warned, he's got a few friends."

"Understood."

"Now what do I do about you guys..."

Natsuki said to herself as she returned her attention to the crowd surrounding the bus.

Surely Monika knows as much as her that this mission is to be performed strictly in stealth but if that class 2 ends up exploding it may cause them a great deal of score.