Chapter I: Red Rude Hoodie?

Plop

Plop

Ahhh finally! I'm done!

Irene who's covered in dust and sweat sits on her roughly dressed bed and let's out a huge sigh of relief. It's barely been a day since Twenty years old Irene Marcus moved into her new single bed room off campus dorm room on Red-Blue Street. She had just been admitted into Soul & Life University, Canada, two weeks ago but it turns out stress is numero uno on the list of things a uni student must check off.

Who would've thought settling into uni would be so tiring? Should a Twenty year old be this stressed?

She was not lucky enough to get a hostel space on campus so she'll have to live alone. She was used to living with her family somewhat big family. Seeing both her parents and 3 elder siblings around to living alone is a huge shift for her. She also can not find a random roommate because she's the security conscious type and thinks it will be risky. Not having many friends who need roommates with most of them lucky enough to get a room in the on campus, she's left with no choice but to enjoy her long solo party.

I love my personal space but wouldn't it get lonely from time to time? Anyway, enough of talking to myself, time to find something to eat, take a shower and then have a well deserved night rest.

.

.

It got dark faster than I expected

Irene decides to go out to get food but It's only 7:05pm and the sky is already as dark as ever.

I better make it quick. I don't feel safe moving about this place for now, I just moved here. I'm not used to the environment

Just as she says that, the electricity for Red-Blue Street goes out.

Nice. Just my luck. I better pick up the pace

Boom!

She suddenly hears a loud scary noise

... what was that sound?

BAM!

She feels someone run into her. She knows she didn't hit a pole or wall because she feels a soft skin and an intoxicating perfume

"Ouch! Who hit me?!" Irene immediately screams while holding her left shoulder.

"Watch where you're going! what the hell" A strange cool yet angry voice replies.

"Hello excuse me? You ran into me!" Irene argues as she starts to get annoyed. She's just trying to get dinner and has now run into trouble on the way, the rudest possible trouble in human form...according to her at least..

"No you ran into me" Irene's new strange acquaintance says sounding less cool than before, with a higher pitch to their voice.

From what She can make out, they're wearing a reddish hoodie so it's even harder to see their face and the light situation doesn't help.