1│HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE MULTIVERSE

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴇᴡᴛʀᴛᴡ. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ʜɪᴛᴄʜʜɪᴋᴇʀ's ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ
ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴠᴇʀsᴇ ꒱ 

❝ FALLING TO OUR DEATHS
IS NOT SAVING ME

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"Who are you?" Mobius asked. "What's your name?"

Loki stared at him in horror as Jimin's expression became unimpressed. "Now isn't the time for jokes, Mobius. I thought—"

Her voice trailed off as her attention caught on something much, much worse. The brunette stared at the statue that stood in front of the elevator— though it wasn't of the three space lizards she'd last seen in the same position. Her blood turned icy as the true consequences of their actions made themselves known. Unthinkingly, her hand reached out to grasp Loki's arm, catching his own notice as she raised a hand to point at the terribly familiar statue of a man. ". . .look."

Something was very wrong. It didn't take a genius to figure that out, though it did take him a moment to register the significance of the change in the statue's appearance. The sound of Hunter B-15 radioing into her mic for backup was enough to pull Jimin out of her stupor. Her grip tightened on Loki's arm as she gave him a violent jerk in the direction of the archive's doors.

"Run, you idiot!" she hissed. Her feet were moving seconds after she'd finished speaking her order and for the first few yards, she was pulling him along. Loki then had the wherewithal to get his feet underneath him so they could run side-by-side.

Thanks to her Special Ops training, Jimin had had plenty of practice with long distance running and kept up with the god easily. Their feet pounded on the shiny, tiled floors in sync as the all-too-familiar clunk of heavily armored guards soon sounded behind them. As she'd been taught to do, she made sure to keep her breathing even. This helped to regulate her heartbeat and allowed her to focus on speed rather than the general discomfort of running.

Surprisingly, Mobius was athletic enough to stay at the front of the soldiers his coworker had called for. However, this fact didn't give Jimin any comfort as he clearly held no particularly caring feelings towards them since he made no attempt to stop the chase.

They had made it to the balcony that overlooked atrium. Loki kept glancing back at the man who'd they once considered an ally, but the brunette kept her gaze solidly ahead, not allowing for a moment of distraction. Her survival was of the utmost importance; everything else paled in comparison— and, in order to survive, she had to run.

Their flight was abruptly cut off as guards appeared in front of them, bringing the pair to a stumbling halt. "Hold it right there, Variants!"

Loki made another attempt to get Mobius to recognize them. "What is going on? Mobius, it's me." He glanced at Jimin. "It's us."

He was breathless from their sprint and there was desperation in his tone. Jimin made no attempt to add to the god's pleas as she observed the gray-haired man with pursed lips. Her chest was heaving from running as well, but she showed no visible signs of distress as she kept her face carefully blank.

Mobius remained unmoved by Loki's appeal. "I don't know you," he insisted, punctuating each word carefully.

The guards behind him activated their pruning sticks, ready to attack should they make any sudden movements. The Asian woman tensed— or, at least, became more tense— at the sound. She shook out her hands and made an effort to loosen her shoulders, preparing for a fight. (Not that fists would do much against the TVA's weapons, but it still made her feel more in control.) She shifted her weight on her feet as she watched the soldiers carefully.