04.

MANY SPELLING MISTAKES THAT WILL BE FIXED IN THE FUTURE.

caden's pov:

i sit with james in the bar that his father, my boss, owns. he pours us both vodka and i lift it up, drinking while looking around. i don't like james. in fact, no one likes james. so, he taunts his fathers workers into staying with his, forcing them to become his friend or threatening to tell his father some incredulous lie to get us fired. although, he's never said it directly, he always mentions his father.

"my father tells me you've got a raise." james smiles, running a hand through his hair. i nod and take the bottle of vodka from him, drinking it from the bottle. vampires can't get drunk. but whenever i'm with james, i feel like it's worth the try. i could feel the burn on my throat. i loved it. "that's very good, caden."

"still jobless, are you, james?" i smile at him, making my voice seem genuine. he relies on his fathers money. his father has a huge business of receiving medical supplies, blood bags and everything from humans. i work for him and it's okay is pretty good.

the medical supplies is to keep the pets alive when the owner wants their pet alive instead of wasting money on another. the blood bag is for when the pet loses too much blood or when vampires are hungry without a pet. every morning, i have to drive over to the humans, start deals and receive stuff. what do they get in return? safety.

everything they do for us, they get safety in return. not that they deserve it. a humans life isn't with anything. all you would need to do is snap them like a twig and their gone. weak, selfish, stupid. all of them.

"why have a job when you don't need one?" james asks with a smile, laughing at his own words.

i stare at him in annoyance. "oh...ah...ha..ha." i laugh bitterly, turning away and rolling my eyes as i raise the vodka. "that's a..that's a very unique response." i put the bottle on the bar table and grip it tightly. when i remove my hand; there's a dent. lovely.

"i received three pets yesterday. i don't even know their names." james laughs. "i just name them off of how many fingers i let them have. theres seven, eight and nine. nine tastes the best; which is why she has the most fingers. now that's unique. i let clem bite their fingers off." he smiles. don't slam his head on the counter. don't. my anger grows at the mention of clementine.

"what about your pet?"

i lift my vodka, thinking about gray and her big gray eyes. "what about her?" i ask.

"how does she taste?"

i laugh and rub my jaw. i wouldn't know because you and your father are always there to stop me. i then lick the top of my mouth, right behind my tooth. the tip of my fangs fit in and even though i had my fangs in her for less than a second, she tastes absolutely euphoric. the type of taste you would refer want to get rid of

"nice...i guess." i murmur. i wonder what she's doing right now. i smile, remembering her little fight against me. so adorable of her to think she stands a chance.

"just nice? i'll lend you mine if yours isn't good enough."

i look at james. he's smiling. he's offering me something. if i take his offer, that i don't even want, he would want something back. something i have in common with james, i don't give without reviving anything in return.

"no thanks."

james' smile falters and he places a hand on my shoulder causing me to look at his hand. "are you sure?" i turn my head to look at his face. he wants something from me and there's no way i'm giving it to him. i only nod. "i insist, i wouldn't mind sparing one for you, mate."

mate.

fuck off.

"i'm good." i turn away and he sighs.

"no, i'm not letting you make up your mind just yet." james winks at me. "seven, eight, come out." two girls step out. one is light skinned. with honey brown eyes and long hair. the other has dark skin with long brown hair in boxer braids. the one with braids, who i'm guessing is eight considering she only has eight fingers, walks closer to me.

eight stands in front of me, trembling. it reminds me of gray. she would put off a fight. she would run. she would kick. she would scream. the mere thought of that made me starve. eight moves her hair to the side, showing me her neck. "don't be shy, have at it!" james encourages.

i stand up, towering over the girl and grabbing the low of her back, pressing her body against mine and i feel my vision turn red as i lean down, not giving gentle kisses like i did with gray. i sink my fangs into her neck.

"mmm."

the warm blood, tasting like blueberry fills my mouth. she whimpers as i bring her body closer to mine. she places her hand on my chest as i could feel her blood make it's way down my chin. i take my time, savoring every swallow. i can tell after a few more seconds, she's probably dead or unconscious. she lets out another whimper as her hand trails down my chest and then she stops at my pants.

my eyebrows furrow and i pull away. she's not whimpering. shes moaning. "ah, i love masochists." james says and i turn to face him as he wipes his lips while seven is on his lap, her head tilted back. "so easy to control and just completely devour." he explains happily.

"i don't want her." i push the girl off me and attempt to walk off but james speeds in front of me.

"yes you do. you're taking her, caden. you don't have a choice. i want you to take this. take my gift."

i stare at him in annoyance before speeding over to eight. i rink my fangs over to her neck, drinking her more fast.

until she drops dead.

i wipe the blood from my mouth and chin using the sleeves of my henley. "thanks for the gift, mate."

something i hate more than james.

i hate being forced.