03.

MANY SPELLING MISTAKES THAT WILL BE FIXED IN THE FUTURE.

i quickly sit up, breathing heavily with my heart racing. i look to see i'm in a couch and memories of yesterday floods in my mind, i grip my thigh tightly and look at caden's bed. it's empty. i breath in relief and look around. yesterday, i didn't really get to catch the interior due to how scared i was. due to what happened. due to fear of my life but right now, i'm safe. i'm okay. he's not here.

the rooms walls are marble, white marbles with black lines. the lights are a soft off white, just like the lobby. when you walk in the house, you're immediately in the bedroom. the bed in black, everything on it is simply black. the couch i'm on. is a nice gray. there are vases and paintings that i don't pay much attention to. there is a box in the wall, right next to the door. a box inside of a wall?

i stand up and walk towards a door. tilting my head at the box. it has a handle and it's transparent. it could be opened from outside of the room, and inside it. i turn to the door and try to open it. it's locked. of course it is. i sigh and then slowly, i move away from it and go over to another door, opening it. it's the bathroom. then i walk in another room. a kitchen. slowly, i open the fridge and see blood bags. nothing but blood bags causing me to quickly close it.

i hurry out of the kitchen. everything here is made of marbles. the walls, floors, counters, tables. everything. falling would be extremely painful. that would be a win for caden, of course. i walk back to the couch and sit down on it, squeezing my thighs nervously.

ding dong.

my head snaps towards the door and i slowly stand up. "order for gray from caden!" a man yells. he opens the transparent box from the handle and puts a try of food inside. he walks away without another word and my fingers tremble. i get up and rush towards the box, pulling at the handle and taking out the tray. the bowl if covered with foil.

i set it on the marble table and open. my stomach runbles loudly. tomato soup with side berries and orange juice, each good for the blood. i find myself digging in. usually, two loafs bread and one bottle of water per week is all i've been for the past five years. and, if gabriel is feeling generous, he would let us have boiled eggs.

once i'm done eating, i stand up and walk to the bathroom. i almost jump at my reflection. the makeup on my face is all ruined. i hesitantly grab the soap, hoping caden wouldn't find and i rub it on my face before splashing my face with water. i tie my hair up and shift uncomfortable in the clothes i'm forced to wear, not liking how everything is showing.

i dry my face and get out of the bathroom, closing the lights and door. i walk over to caden's messy bed and begin doing his bed, hoping he wouldn't get mad at me for using his soap. i clean everything, put the tray back on the box before going over to the couch.

okay, i'll admit, maybe i've tried opening my breaking the door again. i know the windows are no use since i'm literally in the floor 72. i would have no choice other than the door. the moment i peeked my head out at the balcony, i immediately jumped back.

a few hours pass and caden comes home. "what a long day." he mumbles. i watch as he goes in his closet, takes clothes then goes inside his bathroom. i wait nervously and he didn't seem to notice the soap. i then hear the shower start while i fiddle, on edge. i know he'll notice. i just don't know how he will feel about it.

after james, i feel like this man has many, many personalities. and that makes this scarier, knowing i have to ponder constantly on what every action would bridge.

before i know it, caden comes out, wearing black sweatpants with a green henley, holding onto his body, showing his muscles. his wet curls are tied back in a ponytail, half up, half down with two strands falling out. this man is beyond perfect when you look at his face and body. but, i don't like his personality. i don't like any vampires.

he walks closer to me. "stand up." he says cooly.

my lips tremble and i feel my heart against my chest. before i can stop it from coming out, a quiet "no." leaves my lips, i shake my head as well to make it more effective.

"it's not a question, love, it's an order. come here. don't make me come over to you." caden smiles, showing his dimples. i slowly stand up and take hesitant steps towards him. once i stand in front of him. "why so scared? did you do something i wouldn't want you to do?"

i only stare at him.

"did you really think i'd cry over my soap?" caden grins. he leans down to my neck, inhaling my scent, just like yesterday. i hear a loud hum leave his throat. his lips press against my neck, leaving a sensual kiss. it's different than yesterday's kiss...more inviting.

it made my knees buckle slightly.

no, not slightly.

"stupid human..." he murmurs.

he bites down at my neck, but not with his fangs, he just grazes his teeth over the spot before i feel him pull away, his green eyes flashing red before grabbing my hips. i gasp and try to push him away as he brings his head back down to my neck. but then, his phone starts ringing. oh, how the universe loves me. i breath in relief as he releases me.

"oh for fucks sake." caden mumbles in annoyance. i would've laughed under different circumstances.

caden pulls out his phone and answers it. he walks over to the balcony as he begins speaking. ten minutes later, he comes out. "back to what i was doing." his green eyes flash red once again and my eyes widen.

run.

i attempt to run away and he laughs; grabbing my waist and speeding me against the wall. his lips go down to my neck as i try to fight him off.

ding dong.

caden ignores it and i feel his fangs against my skin. he only gets the tip in before...

DING DONG.

the person repeatedly presses at doorbell. caden lets out a loud groan that sounds like a growl. "your luck is absolutely impeccable, princess." he releases me as i slide down the wall. he got the tip in. blood makes its way down, it's jot painful but it feels like a preview of what's yet to come.

"mr james requests you." a man says.

i love you james!

"tell him i'm busy." caden says in annoyance, about to close the door but the man stops him.

"he wants you this instant. and he tells me to tell you, that he will be speaking to his father if you don't join him for a drink." the man says.

yeah, caden. james wants to see you this instant. you should go. the voice in my mind is full of mockery.

caden sighs. "alright." he closes the door and i look down at the ground, breathing heavily. i'm so happy right now. caden looks at me. "don't worry, princess. the world won't always be on your side. my time is yet to come." he winks and leaves walks in his closet.

my happiness drops just as fast as it came.