Review: Hero of Resilience: Halo

Hero of Resilience: Halo
TheHinokami
March 17-18, 2022
------------------------------------------------------------
Hello, Cale the reviewer here. You know what I'm here for, and today I'm here to review Hero of Resilience: Halo. When I started to read this story, I actually enjoyed the twist of Izuku actually getting expelled from the quirk test, and having characters actions actually make a huge impact on the story later on. The actions and statements from characters plays a huge role in this story which is amazing. When I read it though, with izuku going to shiketsu and what not, along with how the story is treated, I can't help but picture the world to look so bland in my mind. I can't help but compare (don't do what I do) this story with others, mainly your own hinokami. Now I can't judge as this is the second story I read from hinokami, but I am going to compare this story to Fulcrum. Fulcrum in my mind was bright and colorful in my head as I pictured the world, while halo seemed dull and bland. Moving on, the plot was thought out well and I actually really enjoyed. A lot of stories revolve around UA a lot but switching it with shiketsu being now the new setting of choice, it did well for a story like this. Character wise, I think this is where the story really lacks. You have a lot of canon characters if not all, but you did bring in a couple of oc's as well. I hoped for so long, that they would have been given a better introduction as we were mainly told at the beginning that they were just Izuku's classmates for so long until about we reached the final third of the story. I am gonna continue this review on a second comment on this post.Back to the characters, they seemed so cool when they got a proper introduction, but I felt that I was emotionally connected to them as others as the were given so little roles, and compared to UA's classes, they should've switched and give the oc more time on the page/screen. If you added a chapter containing maybe a little bonding between them and actually get to know them, I would've enjoyed them more. Sorry about what I said as this is what I believe that this story really lacked. Overall summary for Halo, this was a well made story with little flaws and had a good idea of change in the world. Halo is not the most unique story but as I say, the little changes can make the biggest changes with brings the uniqueness to it (kinda contradicting when I think about it). Overall, it is an enjoyable read and if you have the chance, read it, and support Hinokami. We'll that is today's review keep up the fantastic work Hinokami, I hope to get equally enjoyable reads as I did with this and Fulcrum. This is Cale the Reviewer here, Peace.